TTM Squeeze/BB Squeeze - page 12

SVGuss:
I'm using this indicator from the Codebase bbsqueeze.mq4, but when I change the bollinger setting to a bigger number (like 200), it gets EXTREMELY slow, MT4 with just three charts loads for 3 minutes or so. And I'm on SSD, if it matters. Does anybody have an optimized version, or a different one that draws exactly like it? I played with several ones in this thread, can't get the same result. "Bollinger Squeeze v4" (attached), for example, has the same settings options plus a limitation for the number of bars to calculate so it's faster, BUT - when I change the bollinger length setting to 200, it draws something completely different.

Try out this version : bollinger_squeeze_v4_fast_1.mq4

mladen:
Try out this version

Hi Mladen,

thank you, but there still is the same problem: bbsqueeze and Bollinger Squeeze v4 fast1 with the same settings (200 for bolPrd) look totally different. In fact, Bollinger Squeeze v4 doesn't seem to change at all when you change the bollinger length, it just uses some default values as if they were "fixed" somewhere inside the code. See the picture, both indies have exactly the same settings (200,3,20,2,12):

The screenshot's taken from Linux at the moment, but it's the same on Windows.

SVGuss:
Hi Mladen,

thank you, but there still is the same problem: bbsqueeze and Bollinger Squeeze v4 fast1 with the same settings (200 for bolPrd) look totally different. In fact, Bollinger Squeeze v4 doesn't seem to change at all when you change the bollinger length, it just uses some default values as if they were "fixed" somewhere inside the code. See the picture, both indies have exactly the same settings (200,3,20,2,12):

The screenshot's taken from Linux at the moment, but it's the same on Windows.

SVGuss

Both with default parameters ((200,3,20,2,12)::

The "fast" with momPeriod set to 200 (the "regular" freezes when momPeriod is set to 200) :

Files:
bb1.gif  69 kb
bb_2.gif  79 kb

mladen:
The "fast" with momPeriod set to 200 (the "regular" freezes when momPeriod is set to 200) :

Oh, I see. So I had to change the momPrd, too. In bbsqueeze I kept it 12... Anyway thanks a lot, Mladen! A big help.

So I have downloaded the TTM Wave indicator. Now it looks like there were 2 different ones posted, 1 had the 3 waves separated and one had them in the compacted fashion. I installed both and they are the same (compacted version). Could someone shed some light as to where the A wave is on this? It looks like it is only showing what would be considered the C wave. I'm interested in the A and C wave primarily.

this is an image from a john carter video showing them:

and this is what I have from the indicators I found in this thread:

unless I'm missing something, it looks like only 1 wave is being shown. Nothing is overlapping.

Thanks in advance!

michaelchezz:
So I have downloaded the TTM Wave indicator. Now it looks like there were 2 different ones posted, 1 had the 3 waves separated and one had them in the compacted fashion. I installed both and they are the same (compacted version). Could someone shed some light as to where the A wave is on this? It looks like it is only showing what would be considered the C wave. I'm interested in the A and C wave primarily.

this is an image from a john carter video showing them:

and this is what I have from the indicators I found in this thread:

unless I'm missing something, it looks like only 1 wave is being shown. Nothing is overlapping.

Thanks in advance!

Please read this post (the post where that indicator was posted) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175337/page7

To summarize :

The parameters for waves A,B and C are the following :

TTM wave A : 8,13,25
TTM wave B : 34,45,53

TTM wave C : 50,60,60

mladen:
Please read this post (the post where that indicator was posted) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175337/page7

To summarize :

The parameters for waves A,B and C are the following :
TTM wave A : 8,13,25
TTM wave B : 34,45,53

TTM wave C : 50,60,60

So I'm sorry for my misunderstanding here. I understand the parameters but can you elaborate how I can distinguish where Wave A is vs Wave C since nothing is overlapping on the histogram? Do I need to add the indicator twice and change the parameters to the data listed above to distinguish A from C?

Ah I believe I understand you. I added the indicator and changed the period values to show what I wanted. THANK YOU!

michaelchezz:
Ah I believe I understand you. I added the indicator and changed the period values to show what I wanted. THANK YOU!

Good

Happy trading

mladen:
BB squeeze advanced 2 made new metatader 4 compatible :

Could you add alerts .thank you in advance