Maybe this will be very profitable and safe - page 8

Be careful with this ea. I had been running it for almost 4 weeks on my live account. This past week I was stretched to 8 levels for the first time. I checked the trades and noticed all of the long positions had closed and I was left naked on the shorts and the market was going against me. I had to close out all the positions and ended up losing 1800 pips!! What had happened was the ea calculated the sl positions wrong in the later progressions. Some where 3 pips off. They triggered and left me naked when the market turned. I have now stopped running it.

greatlakes:
Be careful with this ea. I had been running it for almost 4 weeks on my live account. This past week I was stretched to 8 levels for the first time. I checked the trades and noticed all of the long positions had closed and I was left naked on the shorts and the market was going against me. I had to close out all the positions and ended up losing 1800 pips!! What had happened was the ea calculated the sl positions wrong in the later progressions. Some where 3 pips off. They triggered and left me naked when the market turned. I have now stopped running it.

That's why a prelimiary forward test on a demo account is always a good idea !

elepoutre:
i think that if we avoid japenese session and days without any news...then there is no way to loose with this strategy....

Could we use the wide spread during the news by some brokers to trigger the trades, or use the FF news indicator to trigger the trades ?

Michel:
That's why a prelimiary forward test on a demo account is always a good idea !

Yes I did test it for 3 weeks on a demo account prior to moving it to my real account. I test in stages, demo first and if it shows promise I trade it on my micro live account. Next would be my larger account. 99% of the ea's I test never make it to my micro account. So the hit was only $18.00. But this theory has great potentional and I did make some 900 pips in the prior 3 weeks live trading. I hope Silem can fix the bug as I would like to continue to trade the ea. I do not have time to watch the market all day/night and you would have to check all pending orders for bad sl prices and manually change them.

The Indicators Not Working

wahts the problem am try to install the indecator but its not working

Where is this criss73 thread?

ES

azman818:
sam, that lot progression is sacred - anything less or anything more is not going to work

notice after level 2, it is double, and then one-and-one-half, and then double again, and then one-and-one-half,

and repeating all the way

this correspond to your tp/sl ratio that is alternating from 1:3, then 2:2, and repeating

this strategy may be safer than harryhid's - we'll see that next week

just to remind you about that order open price problem - can you go back

to criss73 thread and look at my post where i've attached image for trades

on harryhid's strategy that reach takeprofit at level 6 but brought losses?

- my order open price for levels 2,4,6 there is missing the spread factor - that's why it did not profit

your EA is also having the same codes; we'll have to fix this minor error once we start testing Monday

cheers.

ElectricSavant:
Where is this criss73 thread? ES

I can't find it neither. Probably in harryhid's thread if I can remember it right. Anyway, I'll attach the EA which azman818 has help me improve it. Very promising strategy, but like what greatlakes said, there are code error which the opposite positions sometimes won't close. Probably cause by news time.

please check if you have the skill to improve the code.

Files:

I am a good coder, I will take a look and see how it works, and if I like it, i'll code it.:)

I would take me about a half hour to an hour to code it, but it will not work. I tried this over 4 months ago, and tweaked all I can, and it still will, one day, burn everything that your profited. What the hell are you talking about when you say 7.68 lots??? With a 30 pip stop??? Your crazy!!! That's over $20,000 loss, I have my own EA called Hawaii, and i'm making money from that.