Maybe this will be very profitable and safe - page 4

Don't give up on me now Azman.

I attached the 2 days performance results. Ignore the (uncolored) earlier trades, those were from our earlier version EA.

I conservative lot size first and will gradually increase it to see how the system handles the drawdown. In my observation as of now, with 2k equity, .5 lot for the initial position is safe.

Please help me fix the Stop_Cycle function and add the function that will automatic delete/cancel the remaining pending order, once TP is hit. And the lot size of levels that your saying.

Files:

Hi Azman and hello everyone. I didn't know that the discussion on the other thread has been transfered here. Lets refine the original startegy, I see great potential for it.

Azman, I don't know the progression formula is called. It's 1, 2, 4, 6, 12, 18, 36, 54 lots.

pipstep is the hedge gap between the long and short positions, right? It is 20 pips. If order executed it will be just 16 pips (hedge gap) because of the 4 pips spread in GBP/USD.

The TP and SL of the initial position (example buy) is 20TP and 60SL, then 20 pips below that initial position, we place a pending sell stop with 40TP and 40SL.

Everytime a position is executed, a pending stop order will be place on the other side, just like criss_X strategy.

All odd number positions like 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th position should have 20TP and 60SL. and All even number positions like 2nd, 4th, 6th positions should have 40TP and 40SL. In that way, no matter where the price headed, we'll pocket 20 pips.

All positions will carry out until neither side of the TP have been reached. Whether long or short TP hit first, all position will close and pending orders will be delete.

To make explanation more simplier, It is almost same as the criss_X strategy. The only difference are the progression formula and the TP & SL of both direction of positions are different.

If EA is to be use instead of script. I don't know how the EA figure out which direction to open the first position, the EA must first determine the trend (to be safe and less trading time before TP hit). Maybe we can use the JRSX or Stoch

chart below shows how it works. Open 1 lot long at #1, if price went against you for 20 pips, a pending sell position of 2 lots at #2 will execute. If it went against you again, a pending buy position of 4 lots at #3 will execute. On the graph below, price hit the long positions TP at #4, all positions and pending order will be close.

If for example, price didn't touch #4 and head back down. A pending sell stop order at letter A with 6 lots this time will execute. Hit the short TP at letter B, all positions and pending orders will be close.

Great programmers out there, please help us make an EA or script for this.

Files:

I asked help from one of the IBFX programmer to solve this lot progression error. He is not quite sure but he thinks the problem lays in the "using the lots size= Lot_x*Lot_1" and "using the Lots size= Lot_1".

Because the EA is checking the last order size as =Lot_1 and not = Lot_x*Lot_1. Which give us the wrong lot progression from time to time. What do you think?

sam1_Steps EA fixed

oops, sorry sam, sequence error in the code is fixed now.

as for Stop_Cycle, my tests do not show such problem. i'll check again.

sam1_Steps EA bug fix

sorry for not being able to fix this last week - i was too busy with work,

still am busy now, but got time for quick fix but not thoroughly tested

pls test and observe steps - i should be able to straighten out ea properly

before end of this week

cheers.

Files:
sam1_steps.mq4  13 kb

I just did a visual backtest and checked each order independantly of the last EA version. It is still not reading the lot progression correctly. Whenever the last buy/sell stop is cancelled due to orders reaching their profit levels, during the next progression it reorders the amount that was deleted in the new progression first. so if you have a .1, .2, .4, .6, 1.2 all filled and last stop of 1.8 was deleted. The next progression goes like this, .1, 1.8, .4, .6, 1.2.....

Just trying to help where I can

From my observation, trading the latest version for 2 days.

- The lot progression "does not" cause any error during forward testing, maybe because I always set my "Stop_Cycle" to true.

- The delete/cancel pending after a cycle has already been fixed. But a little slow, I think it waits for the next tick before it cancel out the pending. anyway, thats only a minor problem.

- The problem of not getting any trade if "Stop_Cycle" is initialy set to "true" is still exist. I still have to set it to "false" first then modify it after a trade have been placed.

- The "Last Cycle" text does not appeared on the chart window like what the 2nd version does. Another minor problem that I can live with.

Overall, it is producing good results. The Hedge_lots EA is also doing good too. I'll continue to monitor.

always play game rule

this is good idea, but the most important is to watch carefully the martingale..

in my manual observation from Febr 20 2006 until last night,

1. at gbpusd with 30:60:30 formula, we can grap 4225 pips from 163 closed trade.. it means 42,25% from equity (1 pip= 1 $)

2. at gbpjpy, i use 50:100:50 formula, we can grap 7913 pips from 193 closed trade.. it means 7913 x 0,83$ = $6567

i use LWMA 100 med price at tf 15M as my filter, if price above it, i open buy

and if below it i open sell

for example at gbpusd above 100 lwma med price

Buy at 1.9100, tp at 1.9130. and tp is hit, so at the same price at 1.9130 i open buy... and so on...

so it will be ALWAYS PLAY GAME....

it will be nice with EA

Files:
chart1.gif  20 kb

incredible....!!!

my new observation.... start 20 Febr 2007 till last night

GBPJPY... with 30/60/30 Formula..... amazing.....!!!

572 closed trades!!!

it means 572 * 20 pips *$0.8 = $$9495.5

my attach is file to make grid without hurt your finger and eyes

Files:

look at this!!

this is my chart..

i need help to knowing the exact number for increasing lot so what Harry's idea can fixed and match for using gbpjpy..with 30/60/30 formula

Files:
chart2.gif  19 kb