Cost Averaging System - page 4

here are the results produced this week on Interbankfx Mini accounts

Files:

Forward testing

Closed the EA off for the weekend.

Showing a healthy profit of $424 for the week after manually closing the EA.

Will continue next week with the new EA.

John

Maji:
This system thrives on market noise. If there was no trend and only noise in the markets, then this would make a killing. However, it gets killed during trends. That is why need to figure out a risk management scheme.

I agree; but couldn't this be combined with another EA that thrives on trending and have this combination determine trend or range from the ADX reading?

If we could do that, we could set up the computer and go on vacation

Fx Diva

yeoeleven:
Closed the EA off for the weekend.

Showing a healthy profit of $424 for the week after manually closing the EA.

Will continue next week with the new EA.

John

John,

Next week don't close out any open trade. Just shut down the EA. When you restart the EA a few minutes before the market opens, the EA will pick up from where we left and try to deal with the open positions when the markets reopen. The objective is to reduce and if possible, completely eliminate human intervention.

Thanks.

Ok, here's the results of running the Cost Averaging EA on a new $5K demo account I setup earlier this week with IBFX. I'm really tickled at how well this thing performed considering that there were only 4 trading days and most of the week was in flat consolidation. Then again, maybe it's ranging conditions where this thing really harvests the pips. I bumped the mini lot size up from .1 to .5 on Wednesday. For a mini account, the impact of his was hardly noticed because the margin and float seemed to always stay very low. I think this EA has all the makings of a winner. I want to see how it behaves under trending conditions...maybe next week.

Kudos again to Maji for making this cool EA available to us. I can't wait to see those MM mods make their way into this.

basza:
Results for my first day running this EA. End of next week I will have the results of my first week. Just waiting for the new EA to be posted out.

Net profit 231.57 Initial deposit 500.00

Gross profit 231.57 Interest earned 0.00

Gross loss -0.00 Commission paid 0.00

Total number of trades 26 Percentage profitable 100.0%

Total number of pips 260 Average pips per trade 10

Number of winning trades 26 Number of losing trades 0

Average winning trade 8.91 Average losing trade 0.00

Average winning pips 10 Average losing pips 0

Return ( 0 days) 46.3% Maximum drawdown 0.0%

Basza,

I am not sure how many pairs you are running, but $500 will be inadequate if you run more than 3 or 4 pairs. In my mind, one should target to use $1000 for every 4 to 5 pairs. Just an arbitary number, but I think it provides a measuring stick.

Thanks.

Maji:
Basza,

I am not sure how many pairs you are running, but $500 will be inadequate if you run more than 3 or 4 pairs. In my mind, one should target to use $1000 for every 4 to 5 pairs. Just an arbitary number, but I think it provides a measuring stick.

Thanks.

Ok Maji thanks for that. I will restart demo account using $1000 say for the top 4 pairs.

Could you post me the new EA before the market starts on Sunday night.

Basza

bluto:
Ok, here's the results of running the Cost Averaging EA on a new $5K demo account I setup earlier this week with IBFX. I'm really tickled at how well this thing performed considering that there were only 4 trading days and most of the week was in flat consolidation. Then again, maybe it's ranging conditions where this thing really harvests the pips. I bumped the mini lot size up from .1 to .5 on Wednesday. For a mini account, the impact of his was hardly noticed because the margin and float seemed to always stay very low. I think this EA has all the makings of a winner. I want to see how it behaves under trending conditions...maybe next week. Kudos again to Maji for making this cool EA available to us. I can't wait to see those MM mods make their way into this.

I just downloaded this EA from email today. Are you using the defaults and on what time frame?

Fx Diva

Maji:
Basza,

Thanks.

I'm really looking forward to testing this EA. Which time frame do you suggest?