Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 73

Hendrick:
Hi Herbert!

Very good idea about adapting Phoenix in such a way that people can choose between AccountEquity() and AccountFreeMargin(). Thanks a lot Herbert!

(Herbert is a fellow Dutchman with a lot of experience as a programmer. He helps me a lot with his ideas about changing the code of Phoenix. Herbert is Gold too me!)

Then you must at least be Platinum...

Phoenix will always remain your brainchild, but thanks to every person in the Phoenix threads helping out with testing and new ideas, it will become a Jewel of an expert.

Enough said; let's get back to work

Settings

Hendrick:
Hi Herbert!

Very good idea about adapting Phoenix in such a way that people can choose between AccountEquity() and AccountFreeMargin(). Thanks a lot Herbert!

(Herbert is a fellow Dutchman with a lot of experience as a programmer. He helps me a lot with his ideas about changing the code of Phoenix. Herbert is Gold too me!)

Hi Hendrick

Are the settings right!

Can fast period be greater than slow period?

Take a look.

EUR JPY

Fast_Period = 20;

Slow_Period = 10;

USD JPY

Fast_Period = 25;

Slow_Period = 15;

GBP USD

OSMAFast = 23;

OSMASlow = 17;

A new function

Hendrick:
Hi Salty! I asked others for an opinion about your idea. No reactions so far. I will use this weekend to test your proposal. You're doing a great job in this forum Salty. Thanks.

A new function has been added to MT4 ver.199

double AccountFreeMarginCheck( string symbol, int cmd, double volume)

An example:

if(AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots)<=0 || GetLastError()==134) return;

to open a position:

if(.....) // in order to go LONG

{

//--- do we have enough money

if(AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots)<5) // if we have less than $5.00 no chance..

{

Print("position cannot be open..low equity");

return(-1);

}

//--- it is OK go LONG

ticket=OrderSend(.....);

}

The new version can be downloaded from: http://www.metaquotes.ru/files/mt4setup.exe

x79:
Hi Hendrick

Are the settings right!

Take a look.

EUR JPY

Fast_Period = 20;

Slow_Period = 10;

USD JPY

Fast_Period = 25;

Slow_Period = 15;

GBP USD

OSMAFast = 23;

OSMASlow = 17;

No problem! Fast period can be greater than Slow period because it gave a better result in the backward tests.

Preferred settings

x79:
Hi Hendrick

Are the settings right!

Take a look.

EUR JPY

Fast_Period = 20;

Slow_Period = 10;

USD JPY

Fast_Period = 25;

Slow_Period = 15;

GBP USD

OSMAFast = 23;

OSMASlow = 17;

Hi Hendrick

Do you have a formula to figure these optimized settings? As the data keeps moving, those settings might need to tweak a bit to make sure they stay optimized. Could you teach us how you got those preferred setting for different currency pairs ? thanks !

StanP:
A new function has been added to MT4 ver.199

double AccountFreeMarginCheck( string symbol, int cmd, double volume)

An example:

if(AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots)<=0 || GetLastError()==134) return;

to open a position:

if(.....) // in order to go LONG

{

//--- do we have enough money

if(AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots)<5) // if we have less than $5.00 no chance..

{

Print("position cannot be open..low equity");

return(-1);

}

//--- it is OK go LONG

ticket=OrderSend(.....);

}

The new version can be downloaded from: http://www.metaquotes.ru/files/mt4setup.exe

Great Stan. I didn't had the opportunity so far to test this new release. Thanks a lot for pointing out this new function. How I love MT4!

xcooper:
Hi Hendrick Do you have a formula to figure these optimized settings? As the data keeps moving, those settings might need to tweak a bit to make sure they stay optimized. Could you teach us how you got those preferred setting for different currency pairs ? thanks !

For now I think these settings will do. That is until you get consecutive losses. Then you need to change those settings. Optimizing settings is an art in itself. I'm trying to make a manual about the ins and outs of finding the right settings for Phoenix. I need however more time to finish that.

Same with NF

wilson1668:
Forex Liquidity (FXLQ) is ok. I have login the demo & live at the same time and the quotes are identical.

I did do the same with North Finance several times last weeks too. Demo and Live gave the same (promising looking..) results.. Quotes are identical too.

The thing that I'm still a bit skeptical about is that in theory there could still be difference between the time the ticks come in and the time it takes to execute/modify/close an order... I'm waiting at the moment to be able to play with real marbles :-) on my NF account.. Will post my findings asap

Vince

If you can put my account in 1st place I will buy both your software and your dinner and send you a card on your birthday.

Greg