Two quick questions regards Profit Factor and .ex4 files

Hi Everyone,

I have two simple questions that for some odd reason I can't find the answers too

1. When using the strategy tester in MT4, what is considered to be a good Profit Factor percentage?

2. If I'm using an EA and I want to give it to someone without them having the source code, how do I save my settings as an ex4 file?

Thanks in advanced!

I would recommend anything better than 85%, but if it works in backtest, it does not mean you will necessarily get such good results with live testing.

As soon as you have the EA and all settings configured on your chart, save it as a template....

et_phonehome_2:
I would recommend anything better than 85%, but if it works in backtest, it does not mean you will necessarily get such good results with live testing. As soon as you have the EA and all settings configured on your chart, save it as a template....

??? Do you mean a profit factor of 85% or the modelling quality?

I have EA's that have a 90% modelling quallity, but the profit factor is around 3%-4%

Can you clearify?

Sorry, my mistake. I meant that the modelling quality is around 85 - 90%, just that the EAs not generate such good profits consistently. Many of the EAs I have come across are good when they are in your favor, but the losses are just too much to stomach. If you do go with an EA, I suggets that you use not use the EA to exit since I found that its easier to lose the gains quickly.