FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - page 4

Maji:
Igor,

Due to my work schedule I can't attend the Paltalk room. Can you please answer my questions that I am reposting here for your convenience?

1. What is the time (in GMT or Central Euro Time) when the calcs are made and the orders put in?

2. The distance to entry from open, stop and trailing stops are all 0.5 times the average range... is that correct?

3. Trades are closed, pendings cancelled etc. at 18:00 CET... please confirm.

Thanks in advance.

We look for a price swing of 1/2 of the average day range (that is shown by our average daily range indicator). The day seperator 00.00cet on Alpari is our starting time. For other platforms it will be an other time but I pretty much convinced that over a longer period of time the results will be +/- the same. But if everyone agree on this we can maybe take 00.00cet for all of the calculations.

So if after 00.00cet a price swing from a high or a low was made of 1/2 of the average daily range we take our position. So there is no specifiec time for that. So it is not 1/2 of the range distance from the open. It is from a low or a high.

The moment that we take in that order we will TRAIL it with again 1/2 of the daily range. So if your position crossed the compleet daily range we can not loos any money because the trailingstop will become a breakeven stop. every pip we now cross more over the dailyrange is a pip that we can not loose anymore.

Orders are indeed closed at 18.00cet.

I know that you are a good programmer. If you make something for this system it would be much apriciated if you could share it ;--)

regards...iGoR

Hi IGor

Seems like a dull day today. Its 17:10 and no trades initiated in either of the 3 majors. Would it be advisable to trade now if a trade level is reached with only 40-50 minutes left for 18:00 cet?

Kevin

same questions as Maji

Hello Igor,

I have the same questions as Maji. Especially, what do we do with open orders at 18:00? Close all orders whether they are pending or open?

results for 3/10/2006

EUR/USD = - 2 pips

USD/CHF = no entry

GBP/USD = no entry

Total = - 2 pips

total over 4 days + 452 pips

Thanks Igor for your reply. Your system concept is similar to the BigBen concept. I will try and see what I can come up with.

As I said in my previous posting All positions are closed at 18.00cet. Pending orders is something we do not have.

regards...iGoR

Hi everyone,

Is there someone in the house that could make this indicator look like the image I posted ?

And not that we could see this today or present day but that it could place these squares historicaly ?...

This way we have a very nice visualisation and we could do also a reliable manual backtest.

If not possible with those colored squares maybe with lines ....

Many many thanks in advance...iGoR

Files:

The logic behind this system is the following:

Price can move up and down around the opening price before it will choose a direction. If it makes 1/2 of the daily range around the opening price, we do not know if its gonna place the next 1/2 of the daily range above or bellow the 1st half.

1) If price breaks to the up side or down side of the 1st half of the daily range and continous the same direction for the rest of the day then everything above or bellow the break out is all profit.

2) If on the other hand, price breaks to the upside or down side but a bit later it descides to reverse and wants to place the 2nd half of the day range on the other side of the 1st breakout, then the trailingstop and reverse position comes into play and the profit that it makes on the 2nd half, cover the loss it made on the 1st false breakout.

In GENERALL and in AVERAGE the 2nd example will over a longer period of time lead to a breakeven situation. Small losses, small profits now and then a bigger loss and now and then a bigger profit.

But the 1st example, if there are very nice trending day were price never looks back, will lead to big profits. And if you look to a daily chart you will see on a regular base even days were price moves 2 x times the average daily range.

regards...iGoR

indicator

Hello Igor,

this indicator will mark the areas you wish, just set number of days and the time you want to mark.

Don't forget to set HighRange=TRUE

BEST REGARDS!

p.s. the indicator is from TSD, but i don't know the author

Files:

experiment_bg:
Hello Igor,

this indicator will mark the areas you wish, just set number of days and the time you want to mark.

Don't forget to set HighRange=TRUE

BEST REGARDS!

p.s. the indicator is from TSD, but i don't know the author

experiment_bg

The Iparamonworktime is an indicator that I know and that I use.

It has nothing to do with the rules of the D_B_O system. That indicator does not know were it has to change it squares when the price crosses 1/2 of the average daily range and do the same again on the stoploss of the 2nd position.

The indicator that we need has to look to the value of the daily average range that is calculated by the daily range calculator, take half of that range and calculate this from a high or a low and look if price breaks that range and then make AUTOMATICLY a new square and then will do the very same if a trainling stop and reverse position is taken...

regards...iGoR