MT4 30 pips system - page 23

No Edge

Maybe this is the 1000th thread on such random trade strategy on the net - the thing is : it does NOT have an edge. And without an edge you might get temporary result but in the end they all blow up!!

auto:
Maybe this is the 1000th thread on such random trade strategy on the net - the thing is : it does NOT have an edge. And without an edge you might get temporary result but in the end they all blow up!!

The edge is that a grid system done properly allows your decision on market direction to be wrong. Thats the great thing about learning how to hedge your positions properly. Auto it seems like you're still trading in the "box".

2 jpsdyb:

Have an ICQ? I'd like to talk about griding $)

my is 320008342. Knock if you can) I'll be pleased ))

It's kind of funny to even mention this, but I quit using ICQ when I begin grasping my moral standards and gave up the adult web site businesses I owned (we always used ICQ). Best thing is to reach me on Skype: forex-jps

m1rr0r:
2 jpsdyb:

Have an ICQ? I'd like to talk about griding $)

my is 320008342. Knock if you can) I'll be pleased ))

Here's an idea

I got this from an e-book I purchased. It seems to make sense as to a way to trade this system in the right direction. The author used an excel spreadsheet to determine the pivot point as a 3 SMA and a 5 SMA. the following is an excerpt:

plug in the current day.s Open-High-Low-Close data and drag the formula boxes from the previous day down in order to fill the output for tomorrow.s levels. Be sure to drag it all the way over to the P-5 column. There are four columns in addition to the support/resistance/pivot columns. These are a 3-day SMA of the Pivot and a 5-day SMA of the Pivot. Plus two columns that measure the difference between the Pivot price and the 3 and 5 period SMA.s of the Pivot price. These can help point out times when the Pivot price is at a very extreme level and could be reaching a top or bottom. Those two columns are not a part of this system but they could be very useful if you develop a feel for them. I use them in order to find day.s in the past that had similar results in order to see how the market reacted the next day.
Determine the PIVOT Trend Bias
I learned this step from an article by Jayanthi Gopalakrishnan in Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commoditiesmagazine and have used it ever since in my trading. Using the Pivot point and the two moving averages of the Pivot point to determine a bias for the next day.s trading direction helps to keep you focused on your set-ups in the direction of the prevalent trend. The way to do this by examining the relation ship between the Pivot and the two MA.s. If the Pivot is high than both MA.s then only plan on trading from the long side. If the Pivot is below the two MA.s only plan to trade to the down side. By placing all these figures on your Game Day worksheet you will have quick access to your daily bias. There is actually a cell on the worksheet for you to input the bias. I use UP, DOWN and FLAT for mine. FLAT would be times when the Pivot is just about equal to the MA.s.

If anyone can actually code an indicator for this, that would be awesome!

My 2 pip

Hi all, 1st time post so be easy on me,

I.m trying a new grid tactic, instead of greedy taking lots of pip in profit, why not take just 2pip ?. Why ?

1. You can with stand hundreds of pip since the profit and loss is not realised until its 2 pip from the entry.

2.When the 2 pip stop loss hit (taking profit) its easier to reentry, with a 30pip/huge TP, when do you expect a reentry ? eat that.

3.Accumulation of loss, I aggreed with this tactic there will be losing position (I prefer to call it leftovers), I'm thinking the same with the original thread starter. Kill them with a single hedge (still developing on the concept).

Simplified... take only 2 pip, no trailing (will kill your account in the long run). only 2 pip no matter how many thousand the price have moved.

You must remember there are the other side of the trade . Oh yeah, on a grid, loss is calculated using arithmatic progression ....it is $5050 floating loss on 100pip and with > $100 delta per pip after that, just a reminder.

An offer: I have a virtually profitable strategy (on paper, still developing it) if anyone interested mail me at afifio at gmail for $500 and mention Moneytree, yes I'm spamming but I need capital to trade. Not much, $2K will do or we will share.

2jpsdyb:

I think ICQ can't goes againts moral. It's just an Internet pager . So, what does prevent you to get a new icq-number and simply talk with people? Maybe you'll try to change your viewpoint about ICQ?

hello

hi all !

Dont have time to get in here so often..

Im working on a new autotrading system..

here people can invest..

but minimum is $3000 and a 50/50 deal .. plz follow this statment so you can see how its going for use.

http://automat.xphost.org/steve/statement.htm

dazix

looks horrible to me

ah....saw the profit now... pretty impressive. your EA is called VX.v.2.1_Euro_Yen? you hedged them with EURUSD/USDJPY/EURUSD? not a bad idea though

dazix:
hi all !

Dont have time to get in here so often..

Im working on a new autotrading system..

here people can invest..

but minimum is $3000 and a 50/50 deal .. plz follow this statment so you can see how its going for use.

http://automat.xphost.org/steve/statement.htm

dazix
http://www.archertrading.net/estore
VX V2 available at this website. But for what i know is, its not for sale anymore. I recheck the entire statement, its not using traditional martingale anymore. Its more conservative by tweaking the multiplier down to maybe 1.7 or 1.8 instead of risky 2.0 every double down. The reason for EURJPY, EURUSD, and USDJPY is to hedge against these 3 majors, just incase 1 of them going south, another 2 will cover their asses with north, BRILLIANT!!! More like an arbitrage hedging. You want more detail? If you send me EX4, I can decompile entirely.

1stly, I thought dazix is a good man when I join TSD, because he's so willing to help others and contribute a lot to the forum. Although 30pips system aint work out finally, but can see the potential of manual trading. Such as manually close off junk order and decide whether continue hedge against the lossing direction or to let go because the market is returning to profit zone.

2ndly, if you wanna manage account, go to commercial section! You're lossing your credibility here if you do so.

3rd, I respect techinvest(the owner of VX V2). I'm not suppose to enclose too much detail on his commercial EA.

I dont know whether I put this post on is good, and I expected attack as well. But I just gotta do my job to warn those people who newly come and join the forum. Good luck

Regards,

David