Elite indicators :) - page 697

averages composite trend from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general updated to include now 20 moving averages and made to be new mt4 compatible.

Averages composite trend ...

This one uses averages to construct a kind of a multpile indicator composite trend signal.

I used the "composite trend" name for it since it is exactly what it does : it combines multiple sub-signals into one overall signal. The calculation itself is a macd (aa difference of 2 averages - if ema is used, then by definition that is a macd). So, all in all, this is a kind of a composite macd.

In this one what is possible to do is to use variable number of sub-calculations (up to 15 - I limited it simply for practical reasons) and it can use all the averages types that we already have in the averages collection. To change the number of sub-calculations, enter the periods that you wish to use in the "MaPeriods" parameter separated by ";". Also, what is added is the price pre-smoothing (filtering). It seems that some price pre smoothing with a fast type of average (zero lag ema, non lag ema, tema ...) is useful for this indicator since it smooths the whole indicator out and thus the slope of the indicator itself can become a kind f a signal) Here is an example of an instance without price pre smoothing (upper) and a price smoothed by 10 period non-lag MA (lower). As it is obvious, there is very little or no lag at all added, and some slope signals are eliminated as they should in order to avoid false decisions

averages_composite_trend.mq4

As a reminder, ma types that can be used are (but you can find their descriptions in indicator parameters too) :

0 SMA

1 EMA

2 Double smoothed EMA

3 Double EMA (DEMA)

4 Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 Leader EMA

6 Smoothed MA

7 Linear weighted MA

8 Parabolic weighted MA

9 Alexander MA

10 Volume weghted MA

11 Hull MA

12 Triangular MA

13 Sine weighted MA

14 Linear regression

15 IE/2

16 NonLag MA

17 Zero lag EMA

updated version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Files:

Below is Stochastic of Adaptive T3, does it make sense to have a similar behaving indicator using KAMA?

stochastic_of_adaptive_t3.mq4

Rsi and a step ma of the rsi indicator. Playing with parameters recommended (it depends extremely on RSI periods and relative changes - the longer the RSI period is, the flatter RSI will be and the the steps for the step ma will be longer if the parameters are not adjusted)

stepma_of_rsi.mq4

regarding the 2 indicators in this post-

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed 2 arrows & alerts nmc

Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed & alerts 2 nmc

I tried attaching them to a Daily chart for the GBPAUD, the results are shown in this chart, Build 625:

However, if I change timeframes, or currency pair, the indicators display successfully.

Is there something special about the Daily GBPAUD?

Files:
gbpauddaily.png  31 kb

michaelB:
regarding the 2 indicators in this post-

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed 2 arrows & alerts nmc

Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed & alerts 2 nmc

I tried attaching them to a Daily chart for the GBPAUD, the results are shown in this chart, Build 625:

However, if I change timeframes, or currency pair, the indicators display successfully.

Is there something special about the Daily GBPAUD?

michaelB

How many bars do you have in that daily chart?

For example: if your SSA number of bars is saying 300 and the first bar is saying 400, are there 700 bars on the chart? It usually happens when there is not enough data on chart. Here is how that same symbol looks with same daily data when I attach rhe iindicator to it :

Files:
ssa_3.gif  62 kb

StepMA of stochastic. This is not a step stochastic but a step ma applied to stochastic (different concept of the whole thing altogether). Again, with some parameters playing it is possible to get interesting results.

stepma_of_stochastic.mq4

mladen:
This is a new indicator

It is a new, rewritten step ma that uses one of 20 types of averages for calculations. Some are producing quite interesting results. Some parameters playing is required but even after a short playing it becomes obvious that it is a useful tool. Possible types of averages used in calculations :

0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Smoothed MA

6 = Linear weighted MA

7 = Parabolic weighted MA

8 = Alexander MA

9 = Volume weghted MA

10 = Hull MA

11 = Triangular MA

12 = Sine weighted MA

13 = Linear regression

14 = IE/2

15 = NonLag MA

16 = Zero lag EMA

17 = Leader EMA

18 = Super smoother

19 = Smoother

stepma_averages.mq4

The calculation is rewritten and cleaned up, so there is no possibility of repainting in any combination now. Some playing with parameters advised (depending on time frames mainly) but it is fun ....
mladen:
Updated digital filters on chart : digital_filters_-_on_chart_2_nmc.mq4 Original was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Hi Mladen,

I had thought to wrote an Ea of your Indicator. Unfortunately I can not read correctly the values ​​of the indicator. I've attached a screenshot. If the color of the line changes from green to orange, then in the MetaTrader you can see for both buffers values​​. However, if one reads the value with iCustom, then the value of the second buffer (index 1) is empty.

Can you help? Do I have a bug in my code?

Files:

flowtrader:
Hi Mladen,

I had thought to wrote an Ea of your Indicator. Unfortunately I can not read correctly the values ​​of the indicator. I've attached a screenshot. If the color of the line changes from green to orange, then in the MetaTrader you can see for both buffers values​​. However, if one reads the value with iCustom, then the value of the second buffer (index 1) is empty.

Can you help? Do I have a bug in my code?

flowtrader

There is a much simpler way. Attaching your code changed with an example how you can do that

Files:

Hello Mladen,

I see you have been busier than ever before and Metaquotes are doing their very best to rattle you. Great that you still carry on regardless, the dumb idiots.

Could you please take a moment out of your day and tell me how I can increase the values on the Digital filter you built. Reason being that it is an SMA and sometimes just too quick for just one candle before it continues in the original direction.

I run it now on 2/0 + 2/1 and still needs a little refinement.

Attached is such a picture for your kind perusal and comments.

Thanks in advance.