10points 3.mq4 - page 486

chrisstoff:
MrTools,

Could you please post the setfile separately? I cannot unpack it from the rar file for whatever reason. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Here you go Chrisstoff.

Files:

Thank mrtools for improving every aspect of the promising EA. I don't give a cent to back testings! Back testings are past results and the market changes all the time like universe. Only forwards testings on demo or even better live micro are eligible results.

We don't need the setfiles anymore with the last version.

The older version is still in 5 trades (I lowered the max. to 5) but exactly what I was speaking about, it is -$105 down. It is a small DD and I trust that it will recover easily. I will put the new 10pts RSI1 immediately to test. The older 10pts RSI refuses to cooperate and hibernates like bears.

I always crave for higher TFs. I like more secure small income (wife doesn't know about) than Jo-jo wins and losses like Oprah weight loss program!

Cheers Hermes

mrtools:
Here you go Chrisstoff.

Thank you MrTools

It get even worse. Today Friday the score is -$222. No free coffee today for me. 5 opened sell trades on EU into uptrend. I remember, FX Hacked did the same, went against the wall (Street). Sometimes it would be better idea to allow open only one trade at a time.

This would not happen when we trade manually, only by trading stocks, when greenhorns listen to experts to leveraging the price and buy more into losing trades. The disadvantage of EAs is that sometimes they think like feminism movement. Stubbornness by trading is a huge disadvantage.

Flag half way down. Can somebody pay me a coffee today, please. I am tight.

But remember, sun always shows up after a storm, therefore always think of positive outcome on the end.

Cheers Hermes

hermes:
It get even worse. Today Friday the score is -$222. No free coffee today for me. 5 opened sell trades on EU into uptrend. I remember, FX Hacked did the same, went against the wall (Street). Sometimes it would be better idea to allow open only one trade at a time.

This would not happen when we trade manually, only by trading stocks, when greenhorns listen to experts to leveraging the price and buy more into losing trades. The disadvantage of EAs is that sometimes they think like feminism movement. Stubbornness by trading is a huge disadvantage.

Flag half way down. Can somebody pay me a coffee today, please. I am tight.

But remember, sun always shows up after a storm, therefore always think of positive outcome on the end.

Cheers Hermes

Hermes all my figures are telling me the EU will stay in this uptrend till the end of next week sometime, stopping somewhere around the 1.3560 area, so might be best to call it a loss now , I've been wrong in this before but like to be on the cautious side.

This is not bashing nor being negative, imagine why the original EA hibernates? Who made it trade in the first place? EA never make mistakes, human do. For whatever reasons the EA went wrong, the operator is the 1 to blame.

Martingale is a stubborn betting system that doubling up until it wins

Cost averaging is the betting system that keep buying the loss until it averaged out the losses and call it off with profit

Now, why this EA named 10 point 3. It's original idea was to accommodate both Martingale hybrid with Cost averaging. The system not only BUYING THE LOSS, it also double up the positions. Every escalation of the trades will result in bigger draw down if retracement not happening soon enough to cover the losses. The author of this EA choose the name 10 point 3 meaning that, having 10 positions running simultaneously

0.01lot Maxtrade-10 (Cost averaging is not active, as soon as any 1 of the trade hit take profit, all trades will be close)

0.02lot Maxtrade-9

0.04lot Maxtrade-8

0.08lot Maxtrade-7

0.16lot Maxtrade-6

0.32lot Maxtrade-5

0.64lot Maxtrade-4

1.28lot Maxtrade-3 (Cost averaging kicks in, as soon as account overall profit reaches certain amount, all trades will be closed regardless of take profit)

2.56lot Maxtrade-2

5.12lot Maxtrade-1

So, from 0.01lot up to 0.64lot, any of the trade hits take profit, all trades will be closed and your account will yield a small amount of profit. It was made to profit the final 3 orders because their lot size is too huge and too risky. The EA coder decided to include cost averaging technique, as soon as overall profit/loss came to a balance, all trades SHOULD be closed.

Backtest meant very little to future, but backtesting gives you an edge to understand how the EA behave. I hope you ride this out, keep the account and do some research in the first place. There are a lot more option in riding a safe martingale/cost averaging system. In 10point3, finding the right direction is not important, retracement is. Why not consider daily trading range. This is where you get the retracement, let your EA ride it out from turmoil. Instead of every 10pips you go double down, ask the market how far they want to go? If 50pips a day, fine. I'll plot another martingale position there and then to profit from the retracement!

Why not make it positive Martingale? Trade 0.01 all losses and when win comes rise to 0.02, 0.04 untill losses turn to win and then close. When loss comes between wins stay on that level e.g. 0.01 L-0.01 L- 0.01 W-0.02 W-0.03 L- 0.03 W- 0.04 W - close trades if total in plus. Keep the losses low and ride the wins.

It works for me on Roulette and Baccarat.

Cheers Hermes

hermes:
Why not make it positive Martingale? Trade 0.01 all losses and when win comes rise to 0.02, 0.04 untill losses turn to win and then close. When loss comes between wins stay on that level e.g. 0.01 L-0.01 L- 0.01 W-0.02 W-0.03 L- 0.03 W- 0.04 W - close trades if total in plus. Keep the losses low and ride the wins.

It works for me on Roulette and Baccarat.

Cheers Hermes

Because this is 10point3 thread, and what I've explained is exactly 10point3 about. May be its about time to suggest a new thread + new EA?

davidke20 we are still working on 10pts EA and trying to improve it, or perfect it, or cosmetic it. Why than change the thread? Did we hit the wall with that theme?

Hermes

That's how look lately markets. Ranges and spikes! A new tactic of Wall Street and financial tycoons to make markets unpredictable. At least we know what comes up have to come sometimes down. It must obey the laws of waves. The whole universe is driven by waves so the markets.

10pts EA sell trade score -$2o5 but it will go down. All indicators point there.

Hermes

Files: