10points 3.mq4 - page 3

Anyone tried this live?

Hey guys, just perusing this and other threads. While all these magical EA's are exciting, I would like to know if anyone has seen work work in a live account. There are significant differences in the way demo and live accounts work (at least on Interbank). The advisors that make you a millionaire in a week ONLY work on demo accounts as they take advantage of a bug in that system, allowing you to buy at the bid and sell at the ask - your instantly profitable! I'm not suggesting that this one does the same, just weary of anything that sounds too good to be true

hi yeoeleven

in which fram you r useing pips10

and what frame you r recommend to me

10points 3-1

ah_elewely:
hi yeoeleven

in which fram you r useing pips10

and what frame you r recommend to me

I am using the EA exactly as I downloaded it since I have no programming or coding skills.

I am using the M30 timeframe.

John

yeoeleven:
I am using the EA exactly as I downloaded it since I have no programming or coding skills.

I am using the M30 timeframe.

John

thanks ...........

It is not opening any trades for me in 20 hours??

10points 3-1

I have closed off this EA prior to the Non Farm Payroll announcement having no wish to be on the wrong end of a huge spike just prior to the weekend.

There is no Floating Profit since I manually closed off every trade causing some unexpected small losses.

Not too bad a result $5853.23 profit in 4 trading days.

I will enable it again on Monday morning but in the mean time will be straddling the NFP.

John

Files:

Hi yeoeleven:

There is no SL set ?

Is it correct ?

Thanks

Sl

saat2006:
Hi yeoeleven:

There is no SL set ?

Is it correct ?

Thanks

By my observation there is no stoploss actually nominated but as the trades escalate and when the highest one is closed all the others in that pair are also closed.

I have noticed that in the information on the chart there is a running total of profit and loss for the total of the pair. There could be a profit level when achieved the trade closes. One of my larger trades of 12.8 units closed after 17 pips with an overall profit of $170.

If I understood the codes I could answer you better, but a study of the detailed information will help you understand how it works.

John

Enabling the EA

jyrik:
It is not opening any trades for me in 20 hours??

Check to see that you have enabled it for live trades on the first page prior to the settings page. If you have you should get a smiling emoticon next to the EA's name.

Failing that look in the Journal and Experts tab for comment and errors. Post details of any errors and someone will help you to solve them.

Edited to add that the Expert Advisor tab at the top of the chart has to be enabled and also check that your copy of the EA has a blue hat in the navigation tab. A grey one denoted errors and will not enable properly.

yeoeleven:
I have closed off this EA prior to the Non Farm Payroll announcement having no wish to be on the wrong end of a huge spike just prior to the weekend.

There is no Floating Profit since I manually closed off every trade causing some unexpected small losses.

Not too bad a result $5853.23 profit in 4 trading days.

I will enable it again on Monday morning but in the mean time will be straddling the NFP.

John

what time frame and setting?