Supertrend as Histogram - page 3

xard777:
can I merge your supertrend histo indicator with your guppy macd indicator?

ie the histo with the coloured lines of the guppy....what do you think?

Xard777

You can do this by Altering the max/min on the ST HISTO then overlaying the Guppy MACD but you will find that you need to alter the max/min setting on MACD for every time frame ie 0.004 for 1 hour/ 0.003 for 15 mins etc or do you mean use the ST HISTO instead of of the MACD HISTO on the Guppy MACD.

Files:
st_guppy.gif  35 kb

Guppy MACD#2

xard777:
can I merge your supertrend histo indicator with your guppy macd indicator?

ie the histo with the coloured lines of the guppy....what do you think?

Xard777

This is as far as I have got - will have to have another look at it I obviously have got something out of place? Managed to get the HISTO working but lost the lines. Partial lines do appear over time? May have to make the HISTO as a separate indicator and load both on the same window?

Files:
gmacd2.gif  25 kb

cja:
This is as far as I have got - will have to have another look at it I obviously have got something out of place? Managed to get the HISTO working but lost the lines. Partial lines do appear over time? May have to make the HISTO as a separate indicator and load both on the same window?

it's looking good...

cja:
Is this what you want ??

supertrend_histo.mq4

Yes, but would be better if all the bars would be same sized, could that be done ?

Supertrend HISTO

There you go is this more like it?

supertrend_histo_1.mq4

Appears visually correct but with the settings of fixed minimum and maximum the histogram shows only as red and does not corelate with the original histogram line

Edit: If the supertrend histogram is the only indicator in separete window it works, but if I add another indicator in separate window ex. momentum the supertrend shows only red bars.

Supertrend HISTO

I tried what you said and loaded another indicator and it still worked fine, when I moved the size of the ST HISTO window the lines flicked in and out as I made the window bigger or smaller, it seems to be sensitive to window size, I have found other indicators like "Float' also seem to be sensitive to window size if the bar colour size is above 1. Try to resize the window or try the Auto Arrange in the drop down window on the chart

Files:

Thanks for guppy.

Yep noticed the same thing. Should be alright now, thanks cja!

rollingstone:
Here you go, don't know what it will look like.

But you cannot change the CCI_Period and ART_Period in this version