Terminator v2.0 - page 35

Is Terminator currently being tested under weekly winners?

Didnt see terminator under in the weekly winners in any currency pairs. Is it currently being tested?

Mike

Hi Pipsqueak,

Can you explain what tweaks you have done to terminator?

- what charts are you running Terminator on? ie EUR/USD 1Hr, USD/CAD 15Min

- what is your open order setting?

- lot size setting?

- how come your trading the gbpusd pair?

Warm Regards,

Gerald

pipsqueak2:
Hi Guys, here is the Statement of my efforts in tweaking Terminator2.02. The entire statement was too long to send as one file so I've posted the relevant recent portion below.

I started with a $10,000 demo and lost about $2500 to some flaky EA's floating around then I discovered Terminator2.02 and it looks like all hell has broken loose in the profits department. The account has gone from about $8500 to over $21,000 in less than a month! That includes losses from my tweaking and closing all orders + or - on Fridays.

Looks like my choice for my live account will be Terminator.

Pipsqueak2

Terminator

Hi Gerald, I'll try to answer some of your queries.

I am testing the 4 majors + EUR/CHF. I have randomly assigned cases in Terminator to the different pairs.

Case 0: MACD GPB/USD..

Case1: USD/JPY Pivot points

Case2: EURO/CHF My own Bollinger Breakout algorithm

Case3: not assigned i_Trend RSI

Case4: USD/CHF i_Trend RSI Stoch

Case5: EUR/USD i_Trend RSI Stoch MFI

All pairs are run on H1 , order entry is based on the indicators above. Terminator comes without stops but I add trailing stops after an order is entered. (I hope to make this automatic in the program) Lot size is based on what MM allows it starts with 0.1 Lot. MM can be on or off.

Hope this helps.

Pipsqueak2

gerald:
Hi Pipsqueak,

Can you explain what tweaks you have done to terminator?

- lot size setting?

- how come your trading the gbpusd pair?

Warm Regards,

Gerald

Hi again Gerald, see my previous post regarding the pairs etc..

The tweaks I have done are minor. I added a text string to be displayed with each pair that has traded in the statement. When you hold the mouse over a closed position the Magic number and my text string shows. I use my text string to track which Case: won or lost money. If you depend on the Magic number alone, its all the same for all Cases:. My text string is "Case0: ... Case5:" etc..

I also changed the "Support Resistance" entry to another one I made up using Bollinger Bands.

Cheers,

Pipsqueak2

LATEST 12/19/2006 10:30 pm EST

Just another update, this thing is going crazy, see screenshot below.

Pipsqueak2

Files:
latest.jpg  121 kb

Thanks for your Terminator Setting Pipsqueak!

I'll be testing them out on my demo account to see if I can produce similar results.

Much Appreciated.

Can anyone else post the Terminator setup they are using to produce some good trading results.

ie..

Warm Regards,

Gerald

pipsqueak2:

I am testing the 4 majors + EUR/CHF. I have randomly assigned cases in Terminator to the different pairs.

All pairs are run on H1 , order entry is based on the indicators above. Terminator comes without stops but I add trailing stops after an order is entered. (I hope to make this automatic in the program) Lot size is based on what MM allows it starts with 0.1 Lot. MM can be on or off.

Hope this helps.

Pipsqueak2

Terminator

Im new to this forum, is this EA currentlly being tested with the other EA's for the weekly results leaders, or is it too new and still being worked on and tweaked?

Thanks,

Mike

forexmentorprogram:
Im new to this forum, is this EA currentlly being tested with the other EA's for the weekly results leaders, or is it too new and still being worked on and tweaked?

Thanks,

Mike

Not tested in elite server yet. Look at files thread: because we have more EAs than I can test in the server. To test some more EAs I need to stop testing the others. We all may decide it before New Year.

pipsqueak2:

Hope this helps.

Pipsqueak2

I wish you the best of luck with these setting. You could have stumbled on something pretty amazing. But, a word of warning, any EA that goes up that quickly can come down just as quickly. I guess because you are adding stops, it should be OK.

Tom had his 100K account that had more than doubled drop to zero in about two days.

Terminator is an amazing EA, but as many folks have stated previously. It can be dangerous to run it without understanding how it reacts to different market situations. But, hey, if you can get these results live, do it once and then withdraw your original capital. Everything else is bonus.

Best of luck, please keep us updated.

CS

Sos

cubesteak:
I wish you the best of luck with these setting. You could have stumbled on something pretty amazing. But, a word of warning, any EA that goes up that quickly can come down just as quickly. I guess because you are adding stops, it should be OK.

Tom had his 100K account that had more than doubled drop to zero in about two days.

Terminator is an amazing EA, but as many folks have stated previously. It can be dangerous to run it without understanding how it reacts to different market situations. But, hey, if you can get these results live, do it once and then withdraw your original capital. Everything else is bonus.

Best of luck, please keep us updated.

CS

How right you are Cubesteak. In the Strategy Tester I saw many EA's gain about 80,000 only to drop down to 7,000 from an original 10,000. I won't mention any EA names because I don't want to step on anyones toes lol.

This brings me to my QUESTION: how do you withdraw profits from a demo. I would like to withdraw about 10K from my demo which this morning shows a 28K balance from last night. I tried the Terminal window then right-click on a closed position and the window which opens up has no options to withdraw profits.

I want to simulate live trading as much as possible and I again agree with you that withdrawing profits on a regular basis is important. and fun!

So how do you withdraw profits? Another thing to watch is "maxlots". As it stands, I am not comfortable with Lots>5, but I have not figured out a way to limit Terminator to that level. See my settings below.

Pipsqueak2

Files:
settings1.jpg  28 kb
settings2.jpg  27 kb
settings3.jpg  27 kb
today_dec_20.jpg  109 kb