RSI_ATR System (Medium Term) - page 2

traderjai_inhi:
Yes, that is why I added the excel sheet that will tell you the 15% and 30% and you just +/- when you put your order in. It also erases any trendlines drawn. You can also use the MTF_ATR indicator so you dont have to flip to day chart all the time. But like I said in my previous post, I just really need an alert, there rest would be nice but not totally needed.

Can you post your spreadsheet if you dont mind?

Thanks.

Would be cool if we could get and EA made of of this so we could test it longterm....Just by manually going through the charts it looks like it has ALOT of potential to be a big winner with a little trade/money mgt applied to it.

tracej:
Can you post your spreadsheet if you dont mind?

It is attached.

It would be cool to get an EA out of it but I still think that some manual discretion would be helpful as well. All I want is an email alert added so that I can use that while I am in class/studying/sleeping and away from computer.

Files:
jai_rsi.zip  8 kb

Mtf Atr

Do any of you guys have an MTF ATR indicator? I'm having trouble locating one on the forum.

Thanks

tracej:
Do any of you guys have an MTF ATR indicator? I'm having trouble locating one on the forum. Thanks

Here you go, I had a hard time locating it too.

Files:
mtf_atr.mq4  4 kb

neta1o:
It based of of previous bar, plus daily atr...then it puts lines and redraws if necessary.

I based it on the close of the current bar, which is the ask, for early signals. You can choose to take it early if your brave or wait until the close of the bar.

-neta1o

Hey neta1o, can you tell me which lines of code I would need to modify to make the signals appears only AFTER the completion of the RSI cross bar so that the entry and stop lines are calculated and drawn only after the RSI cross bar completes? Or is this not possible with MT? This seems to be a common problem with MT4 indicators and alerts I have seen (such as getting alerts before the current bar completes and thus setting off the alert over and over as whatever indicator crosses and recrosses). That is why Im wondering if its possible. If we can get the indicator to do that then I think I could easy add a blurb of code to setup an audio alert when it draws the arrows, checks, etc.

I'm surprised not many people are showing interest in this system as it actually seems very profitable as I go back and manually backtest....

neta1o:
Try this, I need testers on this. This will only show signals on close of the bar per the articles actual desire. This also has sound and alert feature. The first time you put this on the chart you will get a lot of alerts from previous signals since this has to check the entire history of the chart. Just click 'OK'

By default the sound and alert are set to false, set to true if you desire. Please forward test and let me know if alert and sound work. Everything else has been tested including the math for entries and exits.

-neta1o

Thanks neta1o!

I will test it out this week.

Thanks.

neta1o:
Try this, I need testers on this. This will only show signals on close of the bar per the articles actual desire. This also has sound and alert feature. The first time you put this on the chart you will get a lot of alerts from previous signals since this has to check the entire history of the chart. Just click 'OK'

By default the sound and alert are set to false, set to true if you desire. Please forward test and let me know if alert and sound work. Everything else has been tested including the math for entries and exits.

-neta1o

Hmmmm...I still showing the entry and stop being off. Look at GBP/USD 4h chart. Last entry (not add on) was 8/22 @ 16:00. High of that bar was 1.9927 at demo.metaquotes. The D ATR I am showing 157pips x 15% =23.55. So the buy stop would be placed at 1.9927+23.55pips=1.9950 or 1.9951 if you round up. The chart is show 1.9922 for some reason. Even looking at the previous bar before the RSI cross and previous day's ATR, it doesn't add up.

Just wanted to let you know. Maybe I am misunderstanding the article, but i dont think i am.

ps- just went back and checked the old version against the new one and they are both saying the same values for the buy and exit - so maybe you posted the old code? not sure...

Yeah, your not understanding the article correctly. The high of the last bar 12:00 at 1.9904 + current daily ATR * .15 = entry

I read the article about 15 times, went through his back test examples (which don't match up) and then contacted the author directly. Also read quite a few articles over at the vt forums.

It took a while to find the definitive calculations for this but trust that the math is good. The reason I originally programmed to take the current price of the current bar because sometimes by the time the bar closes it is already past the entry. I preferred to have the early signal instead. Anyways, all the math is good. Let me know how the alerts and sounds work out.

neta1o:
Yeah, your not understanding the article correctly. The high of the last bar 12:00 at 1.9904 + current daily ATR * .15 = entry

I read the article about 15 times, went through his back test examples (which don't match up) and then contacted the author directly. Also read quite a few articles over at the vt forums.

It took a while to find the definitive calculations for this but trust that the math is good. The reason I originally programmed to take the current price of the current bar because sometimes by the time the bar closes it is already past the entry. I preferred to have the early signal instead. Anyways, all the math is good. Let me know how the alerts and sounds work out.

Yeah the articles isn't exactly clear. In places it makes it sound like it only looks at completed closed bars, other places it sounds like soon as the RSi crosses.

Testing the alerts now. It is seeming to give off an alert every tick or so even after the intial power up alerts when you fire it up.

tracej:
Hey neta1o, can you tell me which lines of code I would need to modify to make the signals appears only AFTER the completion of the RSI cross bar so that the entry and stop lines are calculated and drawn only after the RSI cross bar completes? Or is this not possible with MT? This seems to be a common problem with MT4 indicators and alerts I have seen (such as getting alerts before the current bar completes and thus setting off the alert over and over as whatever indicator crosses and recrosses). That is why Im wondering if its possible. If we can get the indicator to do that then I think I could easy add a blurb of code to setup an audio alert when it draws the arrows, checks, etc. I'm surprised not many people are showing interest in this system as it actually seems very profitable as I go back and manually backtest....

-neta1o

EDIT: Removed for sound Bug