"stella"...i think you will like her - page 5

martijn pip:
thx for the help but that doesn't solve my problem. Who come there are no new dots formed.

hi

it would be nice for a good MQL programmer to take a look at the code on this one. There are no new dots because the code somewhat screwy...if you use this on 4hr chart then you only have to manually refresh every 4 hrs versus on 15min every 15 minutes...see what i mean?

I started testing this indicators last week and so far so good, I will test this week aswell, always using H4, less than that gives you false signals....hope that keeps working this way....I'll let oyu know ....anyone doing this one? results?

Hi,

Could some one show me how to use

SHI_SilverTrendSigAlert and

SilverTrend_Signal With Alert v3

in a EA?

iCustom(NULL,0,"SHI_SilverTrendSigAlert", ???

here are some results, EUR/USD, on a demo account , H4 chart, no false signals given so far.

Files:

luckyargfx:
here are some results, EUR/USD, on a demo account , H4 chart, no false signals given so far.

hi

nice chart i will be testing also and give my results

I am wondering if you REALLY want to earn money

Hi everybody,

1-I am wondering if you really want to earn money because in ALL THE EXAMPLES everybody posted so far there is a much better strategy,and that is to just open on the dot,AND INSTEAD OF CLOSING ON THE ARROW,just close on the next dot.Please look at and SEE your charts and check for yourselves.

2-SHI SilverTrend SigAlert is an indicator that repaints itself,so,its use should be null but for the fact that IT IS USUALLY AN ACCURATE indicator,so,if you really want to use it to make money you should devise an strategy that allow for the inherent imperfection of the indicator,2 examples of what I mean:

A-filter with trend direction indicator,IN HIGHER TF like :iTrend,Adx,Supertrend,Non Lag Ma in higher TF,etc.Your Hit rate and relative pay off will improve.ENTRY/EXIT AT OPEN OF NEXT BAR

B-use the dot position plus/ minus 5 pips for stop positioning,ie if you sell then put your buy stop at dot plus "5+spread" pips,if you buy then put your sell stop at the dot less 5 pips.You may need an average of 2 dots to catch the right entry,but,if you work on the 1H or 4H TFs,your risk will be around 15 pips per trade,while your Profit will be in the 40-80 pips range,with a Hit rate of approx 50% without trend filtering,so,ON AVERAGE,EVERY 100 TRADES you will lose 50*15 pips=750 pips and you will win 50*60 pips=3000 pips for a net Profit of 2250 pips,22.50 pips per trade ON AVERAGE.Of course,if you filter for HIGHER TIMEFRAME TREND DIRECTION your batting average will be around 60%/65% depending on relative accuracy of chosen filtering indicator,and your math will be 38*15=570 pips loss and 62*60 pips=3720 pips win,for a net of 3150 pips,31.5 pips per trade with an increase in net profit of about

40%.

As an example,take a look at the attachment.

Take care.

SIMBA

Files:

SIMBA:
Hi everybody,

1-I am wondering if you really want to earn money because in ALL THE EXAMPLES everybody posted so far there is a much better strategy,and that is to just open on the dot,AND INSTEAD OF CLOSING ON THE ARROW,just close on the next dot.Please look at and SEE your charts and check for yourselves.

2-SHI SilverTrend SigAlert is an indicator that repaints itself,so,its use should be null but for the fact that IT IS USUALLY AN ACCURATE indicator,so,if you really want to use it to make money you should devise an strategy that allow for the inherent imperfection of the indicator,2 examples of what I mean:

A-filter with trend direction indicator,IN HIGHER TF like :iTrend,Adx,Supertrend,Non Lag Ma in higher TF,etc.Your Hit rate and relative pay off will improve.ENTRY/EXIT AT OPEN OF NEXT BAR

B-use the dot position plus/ minus 5 pips for stop positioning,ie if you sell then put your buy stop at dot plus "5+spread" pips,if you buy then put your sell stop at the dot less 5 pips.You may need an average of 2 dots to catch the right entry,but,if you work on the 1H or 4H TFs,your risk will be around 15 pips per trade,while your Profit will be in the 40-80 pips range,with a Hit rate of approx 50% without trend filtering,so,ON AVERAGE,EVERY 100 TRADES you will lose 50*15 pips=750 pips and you will win 50*60 pips=3000 pips for a net Profit of 2250 pips,22.50 pips per trade ON AVERAGE.Of course,if you filter for HIGHER TIMEFRAME TREND DIRECTION your batting average will be around 60%/65% depending on relative accuracy of chosen filtering indicator,and your math will be 38*15=570 pips loss and 62*60 pips=3720 pips win,for a net of 3150 pips,31.5 pips per trade with an increase in net profit of about

40%.

As an example,take a look at the attachment.

Take care.

SIMBA

SIMBA,

Do you think you could attach your indicators? I'd be interested in testing this out. Thanks.

Adding 2 EMAs may help............

Stellaman, I asked you a question in Post #25 to which you have not replied yet. Could someone please clear this up for me? Thx.

Secondly, if you add a 13-EMA (close) and a 25-EMA (Close) to the 60M_chart, it should make life a lot easier imho.

I am not use to trading longer TFs, but am learning to. For now I will stay with the 60M chart as an experiment.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best wishes, always.

Zeroz Reply

zeroz:
SIMBA, Do you think you could attach your indicators? I'd be interested in testing this out. Thanks.

What indicators do you want me to attach?

SIMBA

That MTF SIMBA and whatever makes the arrows and X's on your chart.

Thanks!