Disabling backtesting data in MT4

I have installed data for backtesting on my system that I downloaded through my broker (velocity). When I run my expert advisors against multiple charts (4) my CPU usage now gets pegged at 100%. Some have told me the source of my problem might be that I simply have too much data that I am working against. How might I stop my indicators and experts from running against all the price data I have loaded onto my system? Under ideal circumstances I would still like to be able to call on this data for the purpose of backtesting experts.

RJames5541:
I have installed data for backtesting on my system that I downloaded through my broker (velocity). When I run my expert advisors against multiple charts (4) my CPU usage now gets pegged at 100%. Some have told me the source of my problem might be that I simply have too much data that I am working against. How might I stop my indicators and experts from running against all the price data I have loaded onto my system? Under ideal circumstances I would still like to be able to call on this data for the purpose of backtesting experts.

Hi,

I had the same problem. Put the MAX BARS in the CHART to 10 000, and everything will be ok.

Hope this help

RJames5541:

Your problem could also be that you are using quite a few indicators in your EA. Back in my earlier EA writing days I was always trying to filter out bad trades with another indicator and the calculation of all of those indicators led to some serious CPU use during backtesting. Don't know what your EA entails, but just a thought.