Well working Trading System ! - page 48

Thanks for that newdigital. If I wanted to use the EA on hour time frame do i have to set

te_timeframe = 60

te_timefrane = 60

vs_timeframe = 60 etc...

they are all defaulted to 0.

Thank

0 (zero) is current timeframe of your chart.

If you attach EA to H1 so 0 = H1.

If you want to use EA on hour timeframe and if you attach EA to hour chart - so it is 0.

Or you can use 60.

For H4 timeframe you must use 240.

For M1 timeframe: place 1.

For M5 timeframe: place 5.

For M15 timeframe: place 15.

For M30 timeframe: place 30.

For H1 timeframe: place 60.

For H4 timeframe: place 240.

For D1 timeframe: place 1440.

For W1 timeframe: place 10080.

For MN1 timeframe: place 43200.

0 (zero) 0 Timeframe used on the chart.

For example, you attached EA to M15 chart.

1. TrendEnvelope indicator you want to use for M15:

TE_TimeFrame = 0

2. You want to use confirmation of VoltyChannel indicator for H4 timeframe:

VS_TimeFrame = 240

3. You want to use TrendStrength indicator for D1 timeframe (to open the order in the direction of the daily trend):

TS_TimeFrame = 1440

4. For buy/sell signals you are using AddSignal_v1 indicator for M15 timeframe. You are trading on M15 chart. And because of that:

Add_TimeFrame = 0

5. You want to trade when AbsoluteStrength is indicating daily uptrend or downtrend:

AS_TimeFrame = 1440.

It is just an example only about how to set the indicators' timeframe inside EA's settings.

Am I doing this right

HI

Just wanted to check that I am setting up right. When I get an arrow down I sell, as long as the other indicators are the right way. The I exit when any of the other indicators turns in the opposite direction ? I have hopefully attached a chart.

thanks

Files:
chart.jpg  755 kb

Mt4

Also I am using Alpari platform and trying to use the EA I have put it onto the EUR/USD 1 hour chart and have a nice smily face. I have also checked live trading on my options tab in MT4 but it doesn't seem to be executing any trades. What could I be doing wrong?

thanks

May be ... those trading rules are so complicated ... just read my previous posts ... because I am thinking about to how explain about next EA (TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA) because it is traded on M15 and may be more profitable (if trading manually).

By the way you do not need to attach any indicators to the chart if you want to use EA. Because it was coded everything inside the EA. In previous posts I just explain about how to trade this system manually with many variations because almost all manual variations were coded inside the EA. And as I know some people are using EAs to trade manually with "manual confirmation option" in Metatrader:

It means that if you enable this option (see image above) so EA will ask you every time for openning the orders and so on. Many members are trading like this. Of course you must be near your PC ...

So,

- to trade automatically you do not need to attach any indicator to the chart;

- to trade manually you just need to attach indicators to the chart without EA. You just need to have all the indicators compiled in indicators folder in Metatrader directory. And you will trade manually. But please, make sure that you will enter and exit on close bar. What does it mean? For example, you see the arrow on open bar, so you will wait when this bar with arrow will be closed and you can open the order on the next bar. The same with exit: on close bar only. It is for all signal systems and for all ema crossing and so on: if you see the arrow, or crossing on the open bar so you must wait untill this bar will be closed and, if you still see this arrow or crossing - you may enter. After arrows bar will be closed. The same with exit. On close bar.

- to use semi-automatic method (with "ask manual confirmation enabled). In this case EA will ask you all the time about openning the orders and so on and you will take final decision. In this case you should have EA and all the indicatord attached to the chart.

All my thinkings now are about how I will describe next EA: TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2.

Because this TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 is trading much more often and this TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 system can be easy use to trade manually.

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA is not trading often with my settings.

Files:

Thanks NewDigital you are so quick to get back its brilliant. will wait for the trendenvelope instructions.

thanks

micb11:
Also I am using Alpari platform and trying to use the EA I have put it onto the EUR/USD 1 hour chart and have a nice smily face. I have also checked live trading on my options tab in MT4 but it doesn't seem to be executing any trades. What could I be doing wrong? thanks

Do you have all the indicators in indicator folder?

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA is not trading often. Check the statements and excel file ...

That is why I want to describe next EA (TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA) which is trading more often.

I only started running it yesterday. So maybe it hasn't traded yet ? . Will wait for trendenvelope description as it might suit me better as I am in front of my computer 12 hours a day.

micb11:
I only started running it yesterday. So maybe it hasn't traded yet ? . Will wait for trendenvelope description as it might suit me better as I am in front of my computer 12 hours a day.

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA is not trading often. Last trade was closed on 1st of July and no any open trades till now. You may check the statements attached.

Why not often?

Because in my settings, as we see the arrow, so to open the orders EA will look at the other 4 indicators for confirmation. And all indicators are very very different: one indicator may be good to estimate the daily direction, the other - to filter this daily direction. I am usng some of those indicators manually with other systems (will describe about it later).