Precision problem with OBJPROP_PRICE

I'm trying to adjust the precision of what I get back on OBJPROP_PRICE within ObjectGet. But, it's not working. The code below does not adjust the precision to 4 as expected.

Am I doing something wrong?

string name1;

double normprice;

for(int i=0;i<ObjectsTotal();i++)

{

name1=ObjectName(i);

normprice=ObjectGet(ObjectName(i),NormalizeDouble(OBJPROP_PRICE1,4));

Print("Object #"+i+" name is "+"\""+name1+"\" and price is "+normprice);

Change your codes as below:

string name1;

double normprice;

{

name1=ObjectName(i);

normprice=NormalizeDouble(ObjectGet(ObjectName(i),OBJPROP_PRICE1),4);

you can also replace "4" in Second NormalizeDouble function parameter with Digits, because in each currency pair, your digits are different and you sometimes you only want first 2 digits not 4

Good Luck

intelligent_14:

string name1;

double normprice;

{

name1=ObjectName(i);

you can also replace "4" in Second NormalizeDouble function parameter with Digits, because in each currency pair, your digits are different and you sometimes you only want first 2 digits not 4

Good Luck

U can use MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS) to check what precision do u have on your currency and use it as a param to NormalizeDouble function.

If u will get something like : 1.2345000000 then just use DoubleToStr and then StringSubstr to cut those nulls.

I see where you moved the right paren over. But, that still doesn't work. I'm getting the same number of digits (all of them). Likewise, changing the param to Digits yields the same result.

intelligent_14:

string name1;

double normprice;

{

name1=ObjectName(i);

Good Luck

Are you saying that one needs to do this to adjust the precision rather than realy on the far-less verbose method of using either a precision number or Digits as the precision parameter within NormalizeDouble()?

I'm not getting the precision control within NormalizeDouble() to work and was hoping to not go the route of using string routines to trim the digits.

Kalenzo:
U can use MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS) to check what precision do u have on your currency and use it as a param to NormalizeDouble function. If u will get something like : 1.2345000000 then just use DoubleToStr and then StringSubstr to cut those nulls.

billworld2:
I'm trying to adjust the precision of what I get back on OBJPROP_PRICE within ObjectGet. But, it's not working. The code below does not adjust the precision to 4 as expected.

Am I doing something wrong?

string name1;

double normprice;

{

name1=ObjectName(i);

normprice=ObjectGet(ObjectName(i),NormalizeDouble(OBJPROP_PRICE1,4));

It should be like that:

billworld2:
I see where you moved the right paren over. But, that still doesn't work. I'm getting the same number of digits (all of them). Likewise, changing the param to Digits yields the same result.

Figured it out. In addition to fixing the placement of NormalizeDouble(), the the Print() line was off. Instead of:

it needs to be:

Print("Object #",i," name is ","\"",name1,"\" and price is ",normprice);