CyberiaTrader..an amazing EA! - page 9

trading log for CT 1.80

Attached is the trading log for CT 1.80 for 08-22-2006 (partial).

Files:
ct180.htm  7 kb

update for CT 1.80

See attachment..great trades!

Files:
ct180_1.htm  7 kb

News Update for CT

Thank you fxspeedster for the verison 1.8. Hopefully this is a better EA. We'll test it.

And don't forget to watch bad trading hours.

Oh yes, there is a message from Cyberia Decisions:

Attention! Lot of users with opensource version start to use EA at real accounts. Brokers start to fighting with them by switching volumes filtering. Please dont use EA on low periods. Commercial customers need to stop low periods (M1-M5) EA usage and wait for updated release (release plan - next week).

Recommendation of StaticStopLoss

Some suggestions for StaticStopLoss as follows....

EUR/USD - 34 (spread 2)

USD/JPY - 37 (spread 2)

GBP/USD - 42 (spread 3)

USD/CHF - 40 (spread 3)

AUD/USD - 35 (spread 4)

USD/CAD - 35 (spread 4)

Need to test it. Their staticStopLoss could be vary every week.

CT 1.80 needs this feature

The worst feature of current CT 1.80 is that it stays in a profitable trade for too long and then it gives it back. So I think the best solution for this problem is to have an internal timer that kicks in above a "MinProfit" floor pip amount like 6 pips for ex. If the pips dont go much higher after lets say 60 seconds..CT should take it -- regardless. This would be a good solution for this weakness..how many time have you seen CT in good profit and sitting on it for much time only to see it give it away and finally lose that trade? Can OpenStorm, Newdigital or a good programmer implement this? I have implemented it on my own for version 1.90 but my coding is not great and the timer does not always kick in. So to review we need: MinPipProfit" default to 6 and "TakePipTimer" set to 60 seconds by default. Every time MinPipProfit is reached, the timer starts counting..as long as profit pips stay above MinPipProfit the timer counts..if it goes below, the timer stops and resets to TakePipTimer..if the timer reaches 0 then profit is taken right away. Let me know if I can be of assistance in adding this feature.

fikko:
Some suggestions for StaticStopLoss as follows....

EUR/USD - 34 (spread 2)

USD/JPY - 37 (spread 2)

GBP/USD - 42 (spread 3)

USD/CHF - 40 (spread 3)

AUD/USD - 35 (spread 4)

USD/CAD - 35 (spread 4)

Need to test it. Their staticStopLoss could be vary every week.

fikko,

What are you basing your numbers on to make this a "dynamic" yet staticStopLoss?

dee

needed feature for CyberiaTrader 1.80

Sorry I posted the above thread twice

Cyberia 1.80 presets for europe and japan

I am posting the preset files for cyberiatrader 1.80 for europe and japan. You will notice that for the european currencies CT should not trade on 9,13,14 GMT and for JPY it should not trade on 9,13,14,23,00 GMT.

The GMT setting is set to default to 1 which is good for Alpari and CFGTrader. For InterbankFX you will need to set it to -1. Remember the GMT setting is the difference from GMT to your broker. As an example, if GMT is currently 1:00 and your broker's time is 0:00 (midnight) then the GMT difference is -1. The attached file is a true ZIP file containing the presets. Please post your experiences with CT 1.80. Thanks and thumbs up to those who are testing and striving to come up with improvements! For those of you expecting a pie to fall from the sky on your lap without putting in the necessary work and participating..realize it will not happen...

Files:

This is a complex ea

Hi fxspeedster,

I am sure everyone is like me and appreciates the effort you are putting in with this ea. This is a complex ea, I always like to examine the code and workout exactly what makes an ea tick however this one is very difficult and when it comes to testing it is hard to know where to start without knowing exactly what each input does.

As I mentioned in post 20 if you would like me to do some forward testing with some different inputs please let me know. I have running SBFX, FXDD & North finance.

regards

waltini

waltini:
Hi fxspeedster,

I am sure everyone is like me and appreciates the effort you are putting in with this ea. This is a complex ea, I always like to examine the code and workout exactly what makes an ea tick however this one is very difficult and when it comes to testing it is hard to know where to start without knowing exactly what each input does.

As I mentioned in post 20 if you would like me to do some forward testing with some different inputs please let me know. I have running SBFX, FXDD & North finance.

regards

waltini

That would be very helpful if you could do some forward testing. It appears the this EA has a lot of unexplored options..some appear good and some useless. The Pipsator for example is one such feature that needs to be explored more. Also keep an eye on the CT forum at: http://www.cyberia.org.ru/

There is quite a lot of information there and many success stories about this EA but a lot of confusion too. Nobody really knows what the optimal parameters for this EA are. The only concrete information is not to trade it during news announcements and they give the dead hourly time zones for the upcoming days (when the EA should not trade) which is very helpful. However, the bad part is that if CT is in a trade already and the news is coming..you need to exit the trade manually before the dead trading hour which requires manual intervention.

The most important question at this time to answer is: should this new version with the Pivot_day filter be used most profitably on M5 or H1? I know that M5 did not do well on the original version because it took many trades against the daily support/resistance levels..but with the pivot filter now it trades only on the right side of the market..so M5 might be a good choice to get a lot more trades and more profit..please forward test this and post your conclusions. These are my few comments and I look forward your experiences with the forward trading. The presets as I posted them make a decent profit with CT 1.80 and it slows it down a lot so no worries about not being able to trade it at any broker. Enable the ShadowStopLoss so the EA does not telepraph the stops (so the broker can't run them) and you will be set to go. More on this later..and thanks for your efforts!