Great EA in backtest! - page 140

xxDavidxSxx:
Here it is. edit: holy cow...using 120 value peroid it moves slightly faster than real market speed. This could take days to run out a test.

Am I the only one here reminded of Heisenberg?

Sorry for going back to such an old post. I'm just working my way through this thread and all the experiments - and I'd like to thank everyone who has participated for sharing your results.

I'm backtesting this on an (offline) FXDD account (Their servers GMT+2 I think), I got the 1 minute data from Alpari (GMT+10), and right now, where I live it is GMT+1.

What do I put in TimeTradeHoursDisabled and the GMT settings?

Its so many time zones, and so far none of the GMT settings has prevented a particularly nasty trade at 3am.

And do I change any of the settings if I run it on a live account on FXDD's servers?

[Edit]

Well I tried every single value for the GMT offset there is, while also putting TimeTradingHoursDisabled' to '03'.

I tested all 24 versions. And still the trade came through at 3am.

So then I put 03 in

int NoTradeHours1=03;

As well. For all 24 GMT offsets.

Thats a lot of testing. The bad 3am trade went through *every single time*.

What to do now? I guess remove it from TimeTradingHoursDisabled and run another 24 tests, then put it back and test another 24 GMT offsets then remove it from both and test it another 24 times.

Unless anyone can actually help me out here.

Ok. In case any more equally cluless newbies make it this far - You don't have to go into the code editor to set most things.

Just stop the test running and set everything from the expert properties in the strategy tester window.

It backtests well, and I almost managed to replicate Davids results. I'm playing with the different versions now, and talking my favorite geek into having a play with it.

Hi, I am having very profitable trades with two versions right now - v1.60 and v1.85 are good at making consistent profitable trades.

I have been disabling some trading hours but I see today it has made no difference it still made trades but they were profitable.

How do I enter the hours to disable them?

I just thought it was like entering the hour such as 14,19 and so on. Or do i enter it fully like 14:00,19:00

Appreciate any help with this, thanks

When I post messages to this thread they do not appear for hours at a time, do posts need to be pre-approved before being posted here now?

Anyway here is a statement for Cyberia Trader v1.85

Cyberia Trader v1.60 is yielding much better results that has made over 5k in the same time period.

Both using similar settings but neither are yet optimised, if I can I want many trades each day with a min of 5 each day.

For some reason my Cyberia EA does not care about trading during news, it makes no losses, but I still need to know how to disable certain trading hours. Still working on manually optimising settings. When i used backtester optimiser it filled my HDD with over 120GB log file and didn't seem to optimise anything.

Please note non of these statements are conclusive and I still need to optimise settings further and test them long term over at least one month at a time.

Files:

FseXy:
When I post messages to this thread they do not appear for hours at a time, do posts need to be pre-approved before being posted here now? ...

No any pre-approvement.

I think it is something with cookies in your computer (IE is downloading old page from proxi). I am having the same sometimes and new posts are appeared when i am refreshing the page.

setting?

When I post messages to this thread they do not appear for hours at a time, do posts need to be pre-approved before being posted here now?

Anyway here is a statement for Cyberia Trader v1.85

Cyberia Trader v1.60 is yielding much better results that has made over 5k in the same time period.

Both using similar settings but neither are yet optimised, if I can I want many trades each day with a min of 5 each day.

For some reason my Cyberia EA does not care about trading during news, it makes no losses, but I still need to know how to disable certain trading hours. Still working on manually optimising settings. When i used backtester optimiser it filled my HDD with over 120GB log file and didn't seem to optimise anything.

Please note non of these statements are conclusive and I still need to optimise settings further and test them long term over at least one month at a time.

could you upload your setting for 1.6 and 1.8? which pair you are test ? TF?

DO YOU USE DEFAULT SETTING?

muyuan11:
could you upload your setting for 1.6 and 1.8? which pair you are test ? TF? DO YOU USE DEFAULT SETTING?

here is my setting,i uploaded it on live account it

Files:

sps8:
here is my setting,i uploaded it on live account it

for 1.6 or 1.8?

muyuan11:
for 1.6 or 1.8?

1.85g 8 target, read in the picture

Oh and GOOD LUCK WITH 1 pip PROFITS!!!