Volatility Quality Index - page 43

I attached this EA to FXCM broker's Metatrader:

Please find the statements for those 1 or 2 hours trading attached inside zip file).

For this 1 or 2 hours: EA made 19 pips (4 digit pips) in profit or 3.33 dollars trading based on 0.01 lot size.

This ATR +15 settings are good because we are on the market during as short period of time as possible. But ... - some negative part - when and why we can lose money with this settings: we know that decreasing take profit value in marttingale EA = increasing risk of using it so it may be good to select some pairs which are more profitable for the long period of time. Especially if whole 1 martingale cycle will be closed in loss so it may be 100 or 200 dollars loss.

I think, if we really want to use this ART +15 settings so we should do the following:

- select good profitable pairs for this EA;

- use timefilter coded inside this EA.

because some news events can "kill" most part of the deposit so on the future - we can look about how to trade avoiding any news events for example.

I will continue forward testing with many pairs and after that we can select the most good pairs (I think - it can be EURUSD and EUIRGBP but we will see) and will improve this settings to implement timefilter.

I will post some information about max floating drawdown for every pair later.

===================

- Explanation of ATR settings is on this post.

- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

Thanks New digital, interesting info.

VQ Arrows?

I love this indicator on H1 and M30..H15 is good too.. liking the ea work you are doing.. going to be checking that out closely..

But can someone PLEASE take the vq nrp,

please add an arrow for when the

VQ would/does signal color change. I want to see arrows

up for green, red for down of course when the VQ

changes color.. without concern for the MA's

etc. Can someone PLEASE help asap?

All the best

Brian

QUOTE=mrtools;392400]Finally got the martingale working right had to use another Ea, and changed to VQ-nrp and used Mladens suggested call out a few pages back, staying with volatility theme changed out the regular take profit,pipstep,and stoploss to atr controlled take profit,stoploss,and pipstep which will require a lot of testing to get good settings, added a time filter for different days of the week, in my testing have found a setting of 20+ for the smoothing of the VQ gives better results, please remember this is martingale type Ea and can be very hazordous to your account.And like Newdigital said above any ideas for improvement are welcome.

For the Ea to work you need VQ-nrp in experts/ indicators folder.

Files:
vq-nrp.mq4  6 kb

I am continuing forward testing/trading it on M1 timeframe with many pairs. I will post the statements daily.

Very good with this EA is that martingale cycle is closed very soon and we do not have the situation when many martingale trades are "floating" for the long time with increased lot size all the time. But it is the losses sometimes. But if martingale cycle is closed so the next trade is started with lot size = 0.01 so it is good.

I have an idea, to reduce the losses - use M5 timeframe (with same settings). I will continue trading with M1 up to the end of this week and after that - I will turn it onto M5 timeframe for all the charts with EAs attached, and we can compare.

===================

- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

"EA V302 martingle VQ"

I do not know because I did not close the open position the EA: "EA V302 martingle VQ"

What i have to setting ?

Perfect

No, that's perfect! Thanks Mrtools...great work again!

Brian

mrtools:
Hi Brian,

Here's the arrows, could only do on chart type.

Regards

tools

I have an idea, to reduce the losses - use M5 timeframe (with same settings). I will continue trading with M1 up to the end of this week and after that - I will turn it onto M5 timeframe for all the charts with EAs attached, and we can compare.

Just to understand what I mean: try to backtest EA on EURJPY since (Use Date) 2011/03/17 till 2011/03/19 on M1 and M5 timeframe (with default settings).

Today - will be last statement for M1 timeframe. Next week - I am using M5 for same setup.

===================

The stop loss varies from 5 to 30 pips etc when new trade is started, TakeProfit remains steady. If we could keep the stoploss steady also, the losses would be lower.

I have put 5 ST and 5 TP yet after couple of trades, the ST starts to vary, even if the dynamic pips is false.

Also, sometimes, the EA opens multiple trades and does not close on color change.

I'm testing at 1M, keeping it as simple as possible.

Files:
1.gif  51 kb
2.gif  42 kb

balista4:
The stop loss varies from 5 to 30 pips etc when new trade is started, TakeProfit remains steady. If we could keep the stoploss steady also, the losses would be lower.

I have put 5 ST and 5 TP yet after couple of trades, the ST starts to vary, even if the dynamic pips is false.

Also, sometimes, the EA opens multiple trades and does not close on color change.

I'm testing at 1M, keeping it as simple as possible.

There is no close on trend change on this Ea coded a version with it in and could not get it to be profitable, about the other problems you are having its my fault had hard coded the Take profit and Stoploss at a minimum of 10 pips just to be safe in case the range was small, or you wanted to use atr timeframe on a lower timeframe so now changed it so should be now however you put SSL and STP amount of pips and dynamic=false on both that should be your stoploss and takeprofit, but please test this i cant test while market is open it drags my laptop down too much!

newdigital:
This new settings with improved EA are working good: it is about 100 dollars in profit since yesterday.

ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.

I will post the statements today later and will continue with this settings for M5 timeframe.

===================

- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.

- statements for M1 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 EA ecn with ATR + 15 pips settings is on this post.

- statements for M5 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA ecn with ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings - more to follow.

I backtested VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA on EUR/USD 5min TF from 2004 till today:

As you can see, some deep falls occur from time to time and can wipe out accumulated profit and even destroy the account. In order to overcome this issue I suggest the following adjustment:

Add a safety feature to the EA: introduce a reverse option (sell instead of buy) from a trade level (to be setup by the user input) - let's say reverse trade starts from level 5 till max trade level (let's say 7). From trade level 5 to trade level 7 the EA opens trades in opposite direction.

Trade level 1: assuming first trade is a buy

From trade level 2 to level 4: buy (previous level's lots*multiplier)

From trade level 5 to max trade level 7: sell instead of buy - sell lots could be either equal to previous level's lots*multiplier or start from 1st level - there should be an input left to the user to choose whether opposite trade starts from 1st level lot or from the next level's lots of the original trade.

Path1: If the user wants the sell lots to start from the next level's lots of the original trade, then we typically have this scenario:

trade 1 to 4 are non profitable buys - so trade 5 will be sell with sell lots equal to previous level's lots*multiplier with same TP. So if price continue to go down, it will hit level 5's TP and the whole cycle closed. If price goes up, it will hit level 4's TP and the whole cycle closed. This way, there will be a maginal loss that helps to protect the account instead of loosing the whole accumulated profits or even destroying the account.

Path 2: If the user wants the sell lots to start from the 1st level (let's say 0.01) then we typically target this scenario:

in case the market reverses in a manner that makes the original trade come to profit, the opposite trade should then continue in the martingle and not closed with the original trade.

An EA input should give the user the choice to follow path 1 or path 2.