Volatility Quality Index - page 30

what is the best setting???

increase:
Sorry post 1 OK

hi

this VQ is very strong indicator from what i see from the back test..i use it as (5-3-1-5) as it's defult...BUT i want to use it the best use..

what is the best setting for VQ??

IS IT (5-3-1-5) OR (5-2-1-5)...OR (??-??-??-??)....It is very confuzing to me as beginner...what is every one of it mean if i want to change it??..i mean what will happen if i change 3 to 2..or when i change 1 to 2

i am sorry for my unliked question..but i am just confuzed begginer!!

Beno:
Gidday Metastock

I don't think there is an EA based on the VQ indicator.

But if you are looking for the indicator please have a look on post 1 at the top.

I have the oscillator. I try to write an EA but I don't know how to setup the entry rules. I don't understand values of oscillator when it become green or red....

Anyway tnx for help....

I am having the same problem I think it has to do with finding the right index and buffers etc.

Connecting problem to VQ.mq4

Hello

I have the same problem... i have some difficoulties to catch the value from the VQ... that part it's really not well done ... anyway ... someone could post an axample of code to connect to that indicator?

setting time period

Call me blind, but where do I set the time period?! Under Inputs I see time frame, but it only changes the name, not the graph. When I put a 1 in instead of 0, and it changes the name to the current time frame, like D1. How do I get a different time frame to show up? Thanks

PS: I can get a 5.3.1.5 and a 3.3.1.3 into the same window but just dragging the indicator onto the chart. This saves some screen.

didjeridoo:
Hello I have the same problem... i have some difficoulties to catch the value from the VQ... that part it's really not well done ... anyway ... someone could post an axample of code to connect to that indicator?

this is a piece of my code:

double signal = iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,4,1);

Green when signal>0, and and Red when signal<0

Happy trying... good luck

My programmer wrote an Ea for this VQ indicator. So if I find it today in the bullshit in my pc going this weeks I will post it for your testings and optimization, as I remember before Windows Vista shit crash my hard drive I had it running on demo with Tp of 20 pips and it performed well.

but its some tricky

metastock:
I try to write EA based on VQ oscillator but it doesn't work....Anyone can help me??? Tnx....

VQ1=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",1,0); //up BUFFER '1'.

VQ2=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",2,0); //dwn BUFFER '2'.

VQ1_1=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",1,1); //up BUFFER '1' - 1 BAR BACK.

VQ2_1=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",2,1); //dwn BUFFER '2' - 1 BAR BACK.

if(VQ1>300)VQ1=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if(VQ1_1>300)VQ1_1=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if(VQ2>300)VQ2=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if(VQ2_1>300)VQ2_1=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if (VQ1>VQ2 && VQ1_1==0 && VQ2_1>0)

{

BuyValue=1;

}

if (VQ2>VQ1 && VQ2_1==0 && VQ1_1>0)

{

SellValue=1;

}

Adjust VQ indicator settings by modifying VQ indicator in Metatrader Editor and then compile the VQ indicator.

In creating the iCustom statement, you can also change the input settings from the indicator by adding variables of the VQ indicator in the iCustom statement - I like to just adjust the indicator settings by modifying them in Metatrader Editor.

Dave

<<<

Dave137:
VQ1=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",1,0); //up BUFFER '1'.

VQ2=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",2,0); //dwn BUFFER '2'.

VQ1_1=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",1,1); //up BUFFER '1' - 1 BAR BACK.

VQ2_1=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",2,1); //dwn BUFFER '2' - 1 BAR BACK.

if(VQ1>300)VQ1=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if(VQ1_1>300)VQ1_1=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if(VQ2>300)VQ2=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if(VQ2_1>300)VQ2_1=0; //Convert214567... to usable value.

if (VQ1>VQ2 && VQ1_1==0 && VQ2_1>0)

{

BuyValue=1;

}

if (VQ2>VQ1 && VQ2_1==0 && VQ1_1>0)

{

SellValue=1;

}

Adjust VQ indicator settings by modifying VQ indicator in Metatrader Editor and then compile the VQ indicator.

In creating the iCustom statement, you can also change the input settings from the indicator by adding variables of the VQ indicator in the iCustom statement - I like to just adjust the indicator settings by modifying them in Metatrader Editor.

Dave

<<<

Dave,

Do you mean?

if (VQ10)

{

BuyValue=1;

}

if (VQ20)

{

SellValue=1;

}

Otherwise the buy/sell conditions never reached

Thanks.

stace:
My programmer wrote an Ea for this VQ indicator. So if I find it today in the bullshit in my pc going this weeks I will post it for your testings and optimization, as I remember before Windows Vista shit crash my hard drive I had it running on demo with Tp of 20 pips and it performed well. but its some tricky

May I know for what pair and which timeframe?