Protecting Our Ea's From The Brokers

Hi all,

Do our brokers know which ea's or tactics we use?

I think that they do, and they even know our names, how?

1) I have a friend who owns a forex brokerage - and he told me outfront that the brokerage is following the best traders , and when the best traders open a position they(the brokerage) usually follows. How they do it ?

Thats easy : They just print the log of every account holder, and screen the traders that have the best %wins and follow them.

2) The comments that we leave like : EA'S with names...

3) Our strategies can be followed by a printout of our trades.

My main question is : Can the brokers copy our ea's from the Experts folder?

Ea's are very small programs, and they are memory resident most of the time - that means that Metaquotes is "aware" of the ea's - but can it transmit the ea's back to the brokers ?

I think that yes !

Before I give a full explanation why I think so I would like to hear what you guys have to say about this.

And - how do we prevent this?

Running ea's on cpu 1 - and executing on cpu 2 via an external function?

Etc?

Coder's Guru,ND, Igor - I welcome you to join this thread !

I just had a thought.

1) We run an ea on mq4(first installation - 1) which reads an external file for buy/sell/modify commands

2) We run our trading ea on mq4(installation2) which sends to a file the buy/sell orders for mq4(installation 1).

3) We block in our firewall mq4(installation2) from going out .

4) This way the live trading mq4 would use an ea which would not have our logic - but will only read the commands sends from installation 2.

5) I actually have an ea which reads elwave and initiates buy/sell based on elwave.

What do u think CG?

I think if someone has very good ea or is a very good trader, people will go at any length to get that information, especially as much money that is involved in FX.

If you really wanted to know what metatrader is doing you could load it up in a program like softice and see for yourself.

fx-programmer:
Recently a certain company released a new expert and indicators which they are selling for 1500$+ and this company admitted that they planted a verification module in the ea and indicators to confirm its not a copyrighted version.

This tech was developped a long time ago and it is very easy to do.

THEY ARE USING THE MQ4 PORT TO TRANSMIT AND RECEIVE INFO !!!!AND THEY ADMIT THIS.

Usually this type of information is just a key code - meaning it is unique to you or your machine. So, if you leak it, they know who did it. At least that's what I can tell from reading a few articles on how to protect an EA (one written by CG, I believe...)

fx-programmer:

Moreover, MQ update module is a strange "creature" which wipes and reinstall version....

Actually, its a pretty standard Live Update made by Symantec's installer software. Usually the only transmission upstream is a version number - in fact, I believe that the updater specifically says that no personally identifiable information is transmitted...

fx-programmer:

All I am saying is that we give too many permissions to the MQ soft- and I think its up to us programmers to combat the brokers from spying on us.

Even the Mighty SONY incorporated spyware as a " copy protection " mechanism a few months ago and was sued for that...

We have to observe the mq4 port....

No arguments there. Though, folks like FXDD are regulated, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stipulation about this kind of action in their accreditation agreement.

Anyway, its a good thought for certain - you can't be too careful when it comes to this kind of stuff, especially when you throw big money into the mix.

Just my 2 cents...

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
i have request http://forum.mql4.com/3568

What's the request? To read the thread? I did that... What is your question?

-cubesteak

How about using pure ECN's like CoesFX or such instead of a broker?

Igorad modified one EA for hidden stop loss, tp and ts. It means that nothing will be written in MetaTrader and the broker will not see anything. Only the price.

I will post it today in portfolio section. But only problem with this is that we should have good connection (internet and connection with broker's server).

Shadow Stop Loss

newdigital:
Igorad modified one EA for hidden stop loss, tp and ts. It means that nothing will be written in MetaTrader and the broker will not see anything. Only the price. I will post it today in portfolio section. But only problem with this is that we should have good connection (internet and connection with broker's server).

Tnx,

In order to avoid connection misfunctions, I would suggest that a pending Hedged position in the same pair (the pair that has the shadow stop loss) would "float" above the current price , thus in the case of a disconnection and reverse the hedged position would trigger and save us.