Need help to modify Heiken Ashi indicator - page 3

fxcruiser:
zeros,

"that blue and red bar indicator" is the Heiiken Ashie Modified. It sort of giving me the trend direction of a particular currency pair which at the same time confirms my trade entry and exit. It is the foundation of my HAMA PAD trading plan.

HA shouldn't lag as it is no different than your regular price bar or candlesticks. For the overlay and the MTF versions of HA, I just got those and tested them by switching the current TF to those on my MTF settings. They work beautiful. Hats to OFF to Rupp, he did one heck of a SUPER job on those indicators. Check out the snag shot attached.

fxcruiser

ah, all right. it looks like its offset.. will you be posting your trading plan?

definitely, these are great indicators. would it be possible for someone to code an alarm when the 30m HA is equal to the 60m HA? The more that I look at this, the better it looks to trade. Simple, robust, and effective. Of course, you need to use some discretion, but it looks like a good signal for a potential trade.

Offset

Hi Zeroz

I think the offset appearence you are reffering to is caused by the indicator settings you choose. For example below the first chart is set at default and the second one at MaMetod 3 MaPeriod 21.

MaMetod settings (as far as I can gather) are 1 Exponential, 2 Smoothed,

3 Linear Weighted.

Could someone confirm that this is correct.

Files:
haexamplede.gif  41 kb
haexample.gif  45 kb

image3022:
Hi Zeroz

I think the offset appearence you are reffering to is caused by the indicator settings you choose. For example below the first chart is set at default and the second one at MaMetod 3 MaPeriod 21.

Hi

can you post the OsMA Panel indicator shown in your charts

thanx

xard777

xard777:
Hi

can you post the OsMA Panel indicator shown in your charts

thanx

xard777

and #DPO as well please

Thanks

svirgo:
and #DPO as well please Thanks

yes, the #DPO indicator as well please

xard777

OsMA

Hi Guys

I have made a couple of versions, single and MTF, both are attached.

You will need to put the OsMA2 in your indicator file as well.

The MTF version has been made with two time frames only as after testing using more time frames the indicator became to restrictive (you can sometimes have to much information).

I have found the MTF version is best used when settings are set to the current chart time and the next chart time frame ( for thirty minute chart set Period 1 to 30, set Period 2 to 60) any way any suggestions or ideas on your Heiken Ashi set ups would be great.

I will post the DPO in the next post( we are limited to five attachments per post)

Files:
osma2.mq4  3 kb
osma.gif  30 kb

Dpo

DPO versions attached

igorad:
Try to use HeikenAshiSW_v2 (use only with HeikenAshi_SW).

Igor, can you put an alert / alarm in the indicator to go off when there is a color change???

Even better yet, an option that will trigger an alarm when their are x number of same color bars in a row?? I would be happy with the first request if the second request is too much to code.

Thanks you in advance!!! I really like this indicator!

Dave

<<<

image3022:
Hi Guys

I have made a couple of versions, single and MTF, both are attached.

You will need to put the OsMA2 in your indicator file as well.

I will post the DPO in the next post( we are limited to five attachments per post)

Thanx for the indicators and the explanation

xard777

From what I can see, the Heiken Ashi indicators either repaint the past or do not refresh. I checked this morning and the 60m was just changing into red on USDCHF. When I switched from the 30m chart to the 60m then back to the 30m the indicator repainted to show the past four in addition to the present bar as being red.

I'll keep testing, could just be a problem with the MTF indicator, but not with the Heiken Ashi logic.

Edit: I'm referring to the Heiken Ashi MTF indicator, not the DPO and OsMA posted above.