Terminator v1.0

This EA uses the i_Trend indicator.

It simply opens trades long and short. The management and profitability of the trades is mainly done thru the settings of s/l and trailing stop and should be continually tested monthly on the most recent 1, 2, and 3 month periods as maintenance to keep up with market changes.

It runs off the D1 chart. Yeah, I know, NOBODY trades of the daily chart, do they? If you want to test on other charts, either remove 'PERIOD_D1' in the code or preferably change it to a different period to attach it to the chart of your liking.

I tweaked the settings of the i_Trend indicator:

Bands_Period = 10

Power_Period = 6

Everything else remains the same.

This EA performed remarkably in backtesting from 1 May 05 thru 31 May 06 with lower s/l setting (100). However it traded down from 1 March 06 thru 31 May 06. Something must have changed in the market or the historical data file being used for backtesting. The backtest results are only as good as the data being used. I raised the s/l to 150 to make it profitable again thru that period. It remained profitable in backtesting over the previous 13 months however the gains were less but good just the same.

I've tested using the following trailing stops:

eur/usd = 5

gpb/usd = 12, s/l = 175

usd/cad = 12

aud/usd = 19

usd/jpy = 7

usd/chf = 7

As I am not a programmer some things would be nice to be included in this. One thing i can think of is setting user defined risk tolerance and computing optimum lot size within those parameters.

Happy hunting.

Tom

Files:

I added 3 more currency pairs to the daily chart:

Symbol - Settings

eur/jpy - 75s/l, 50tp, 8ts

eur/chf - 100s/l, 50tp, 7ts

nzd/usd -175s/l, 50tp, 9ts

I will be updating the settings on all currency pairs from time to time. Stay tuned sportsfans.

happy hunting

Tom

hi there

thanks for sharing this system.

i was wondering what parameters did you use for the results that you obtained above

thanks

Latest Settings Files

Attached are the latest settings files.

Enjoy,

Tom

Missing

-mistake pos-

More Settings Files

I'm only allowed to upload 5 files at a time. Here are the rest:

Next time I'll just put them all in one zip file. Didn't think of it this time.

hi there

I was wondering why is it only opening buy orders so far? any ideas? take a look at my results testing it, does look anything like yours?

thanks

Files:

Yasir-

It may take a little time for the system to get settled in to the daily chart and get more signals. Give it time. It's a longer term EA.

Tom

ok

i'll keep testing it and see what happens...

thanks

I initiated this system on the London open on 14 June 06.

There are 2 statements:

One is ordered by symbol so it can be seen how the system performed by symbol.

The second is ordered by the date and time the trade closed so one can get a sense of the sequence of how p/l closed and went into the account balance.

Tom

Ok....attached is everything you need in one zip file for this EA including the settings files for the nine currency pairs I'm testing.

This is a longer term EA. Be patient with it. It is geared more to a quarterly or annual rate of return. It gets good results in backtesting off the daily chart.

You may need to change the lot size in the EA settings to suit your own needs.

Tom

Files: