Coding help - page 674

traderduke:

Mladen

Sorry to be such a pain but as you probably can tell I intend to use it in an EA.

On a Buy or long position when the price or trend stales and then starts back up do a re-entry. Its the same thinking that went into the PrCh but of course the programming is different. Do you think a separate and different calculation might be needed for re-entry?

See attached:

traderduke:

Mladen

Sorry to be such a pain but as you probably can tell I intend to use it in an EA.

On a Buy or long position when the price or trend stales and then starts back up do a re-entry. See attached:

Yes, but I can not see clearly what are the conditions for re-entry (since there was no change in signal or indicator states)

traderduke:

I have this question before ...

Actually you can use rk-volty channel stop to filter trend and use MA for filter the price .

Check the ea i just post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186208/page7

In side have using ma filter price , u can see this few code .

double Ma_Bid_Diff = MathAbs(MA_Signal - Bid)/Point;

Ma_Bid_Diff > MAOpenDistance && Bid > MA_Signal -( above ma buy)
Ma_Bid_Diff > MAOpenDistance && Bid < MA_Signal -( below ma sell)
Hope can help you , good luck :)

mladen

Why is their a __1 or __2 on the end of our indicators when we load them to the comment ??

ray

traderduke:

mladen

Why is their a __1 or __2 on the end of our indicators when we load them to the comment ??

ray

The new web does that sometimes

stevenpun:

I have this question before ...

Actually you can use rk-volty channel stop to filter trend and use MA for filter the price .

Check the ea i just post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186208/page7

In side have using ma filter price , u can see this few code .

Hope can help you , good luck :)

Steven

I just looked at your EA code, very well laid out. Mine will look like a bomb hit. I just ran your EA. It looks like you get caught up in the Ranging. You should try using my "pip diff" it keeps you in the trend and gets you through the ranging. The slowestMA also helps keep you out of trouble.

Let me know

Ray

PS: Still waiting for mladen to let me know if he can get the re-entry working on the voltychannel.

traderduke:

Steven

I just looked at your EA code, very well laid out. Mine will look like a bomb hit. I just ran your EA. It looks like you get caught up in the Ranging. You should try using my "pip diff" it keeps you in the trend and gets you through the ranging. The slowestMA also helps keep you out of trouble.

Let me know

Ray

PS: Still waiting for mladen to let me know if he can get the re-entry working on the voltychannel.

I think you have misunderstanding , the ea is just for study not for live trading .... :P

That why i list down all function ....

I not sure why you must use custom indicator , make it easy ....

Your indicator only using 2 MA ,  actually using normal MA filter the prices also the same .

Hope you understand what i means .

traderduke:

Steven

Let me know

Ray

Wouldn't the re-entry cause indicator change too?

techmac:
That is what I am trying to figure out too :)

techmac:
You would use 1 2ma for overall trend and another for short term highs & lows re-entry.