Coding help - page 632

mladen:

NWFstudent

The problem is that we can not use filled areas as in metatrader 5 when using metatrader 4

Will post metatrader 5 version tomorrow and you shall see what are we missing in metatader 4

I kindly thank you for your reply :) Is it possible to make the averages shift?

mladen:

freakout

Try it out now :

thank you very much! :)

NWFstudent:
I kindly thank you for your reply :) Is it possible to make the averages shift?
Yes, it is possible, but how would you use it then?

mladen:
Yes, it is possible, but how would you use it then?

Hi mladen.

Im using sets of 5 ema for triggers, where the one of them has a 2 candle shift.

trigger emas 

Files:
trigger.png  63 kb

NWFstudent:

Hi mladen.

Im using sets of 5 ema for triggers, where the one of them has a 2 candle shift.

Yes, but using shifted values like that is almost identical to using a slope (set the shift to 1, and compare it to slope changes, and you are going to have exactly the slope change. Using shift 2 just adds some lag)

mladen:
Yes, but using shifted values like that is almost identical to using a slope (set the shift to 1, and compare it to slope changes, and you are going to have exactly the slope change. Using shift 2 just adds some lag)

The slope will plot allot more arrows then this set of two emas will, sometimes the slope changes without a cross over.

But thank you for your advice 

NWFstudent:

The slope will plot allot more arrows then this set of two emas will, sometimes the slope changes without a cross over.

But thank you for your advice 

The issue (at least I see it as an issue) is that if one value is shifted and the other is not, we are getting what in effect can be treated as a repainting indicator (combining data from two time points as if they were one, at the lest in case of one type of a shift, pure repainting in case of another type of shift) and that is why I am avoiding to enable such things in combinations like those - for the sake of preventing a lot of explanation :)

mladen:

The issue (at least I see it as an issue) is that if one value is shifted and the other is not, we are getting what in effect can be treated as a repainting indicator (combining data from two time points as if they were one, at the lest in case of one type of a shift, pure repainting in case of another type of shift) and that is why I am avoiding to enable such things in combinations like those - for the sake of preventing a lot of explanation :)

Makes allot of sense, I have seen many posts asking for repaints also.

I fully understand why you want to avoid that :) However repainting shouldnt be a problem as long as you know what you are using.

Ill apperciate the time you taken to answere me :) 

Hello Coding help people,

how are you?

We have created  with friend a Fibonacchi indi that draws lines on different fibonacchi levels,

but we can add more than those common used in the mt4. We only choose the starting and end price 0-100 for the setup we look for.

Can you help us input alert when price hit  any of those lines, an alert that say

"indi name" "currency" "price" "value of the fibonacchi for this line"

"DFL1  EURUSD  TESTING  1.1456 FIB 38.2"

also add

- the value of the fibonacchi for this line above the line displayed say FIB 61.8

- alerts have to update after every candle on the tf that is set or after setup in mins by user example updaet every 1 hour.

Very simple mods, but my coder friend cant add value to those lines, making him impossible to do it. 

Why this needed? because im not allways watching all charts and i miss entrys...

Can you do that?

Thanks

multifibolevels 

Files:

Hi,

I would like to change the value of the indicator RSI, Stoch, MFI and others. Can I ask for an appropriate modification of the code?