Coding help - page 563

carbonmimetic:

Hi,

first of all thank you for your help....

please can you attach print screen of your input in order to see Pentagon on ,for example,1H chart of eurusd?

I don't know wich setting I must put on indicator window to see pentagon...I only see a lot of trendlines.....

Carbon

up please...or Mladen,can you help me to see pentagon on my chart?

hello,

I have a question how to fix this error in the indicator attached below?

"check operator precedence for possible error; use parentheses to clarify precedence"

thanks in advance for the help

Files:

Hi,

I can't get this EA to start - I don't know why? The statement looks good. The .zip-fil has an EA, a .set and a statement in it.

Files:

I need help using StepMA averages 4_1 (same results with StepMA pdf 4_2). This is my first ea. When trying to use these indicators in my ea in the strategy tester there are around 250 instances of the same data in the data window. Running the ea in my demo account is fine. Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Hello i need help here please, i want to ask how to coding pips value from body candle? such example is when i retrieve some value from bullish candle (Close-Open) it will be different from pair to pair such as EUR/USD or AUD/JPY

thank you for anyone who try to help here

donut4popo:
I need help using StepMA averages 4_1 (same results with StepMA pdf 4_2). This is my first ea. When trying to use these indicators in my ea in the strategy tester there are around 250 instances of the same data in the data window. Running the ea in my demo account is fine. Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

donut4popo

99% sure that your parameters for iCustom() call are not OK

Post the example of iCustom() call so that it can be checked

mladen:

donut4popo

99% sure that your parameters for iCustom() call are not OK

Post the example of iCustom() call so that it can be checked

mladen, thanks for looking into this

​input int Timeframe = 5;

input int Custom_time_frame = 0;

input int Avg_Period = 10;

input int Avg_type = 3; //3 = "Double smoothed exponential moving average - DSEMA";

input double Sensitivity_Factor = 3.0;

input double Constant_Step = 2.0;

input int Shift_ = 0;

input string Price_to_use = "Close";

input bool Turn_alerts_on = false;

input bool Alerts_on_current = false;

input bool Display_alerts = false;

input bool Send_alert_notification = false;

input bool Play_alert_sound = false;

input bool Send_alert_email = false;

input string Interpolating_method = "Linear interpolation";

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

double stepvalue = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"StepMA averages 4_1",Timeframe,Custom_time_frame,

Avg_Period, Avg_type,Sensitivity_Factor,Constant_Step,Shift_,P rice_to_use,Turn_alerts_on,

Alerts_on_current,Display_alerts,Send_alert_notifi cation,Play_alert_sound,Send_alert_ email,

Interpolating_method,0,1);

double stepdir = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"StepMA averages 4_1",Timeframe,Custom_time_frame,

Avg_Period,Avg_type,Sensitivity_Factor,Constant_St ep,Shift_,Price_to_use,Turn_alerts_on,

Alerts_on_current,Display_alerts,Send_alert_notifi cation,Play_alert_sound,Send_alert_ email,

Interpolating_method,1,1);

donut4popo:

mladen, thanks for looking into this

​input int Timeframe = 5;

input int Custom_time_frame = 0;

input int Avg_Period = 10;

input int Avg_type = 3; //3 = "Double smoothed exponential moving average - DSEMA";

input double Sensitivity_Factor = 3.0;

input double Constant_Step = 2.0;

input int Shift_ = 0;

input bool Turn_alerts_on = false;

input bool Alerts_on_current = false;

input bool Display_alerts = false;

input bool Send_alert_notification = false;

input bool Play_alert_sound = false;

input bool Send_alert_email = false;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

double stepvalue = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"StepMA averages 4_1",Timeframe,Custom_time_frame,

Avg_Period, Avg_type,Sensitivity_Factor,Constant_Step,Shift_,P rice_to_use,Turn_alerts_on,

Interpolating_method,0,1);

double stepdir = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"StepMA averages 4_1",Timeframe,Custom_time_frame,

Avg_Period,Avg_type,Sensitivity_Factor,Constant_St ep,Shift_,Price_to_use,Turn_alerts_on,

Interpolating_method,1,1);

donut4popo

Change

to

input int Price_to_use = PRICE_CLOSE;

input int Interpolating_method = 1; // method 1 is liner interpolation, but better to use 0

and it will work OK

mladen

Do you hear my screams of joy?! Thanks! It worked.

Is there a way to draw a long vertical line as an object?

Big Be