Coding help - page 166

kenwa:
hello mladen

Yes, i know that's a very good & design indicator, just is not exactly my intent functions only ( i want 3 cases can be done within the same indicator). and my knowledge and ability also cannot allow me to modify your highly advanced code to suit my need.

i do a new test version 3 attached here, may be further one step little improve to my test version 2 before, could you please check is it ok? will this attached version arrangement cause repaint past problem? by the way, i do not know why has repaint issue, is it due to the code of: int i,limit,counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();//----

limit=Bars-counted_bars;

for(i=0;i<limit;i++)

while yours is int i,counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);

if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;

int limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

for(i=limit;i>=0;i--) ??

If this attached version three is ok and not cause repaint, could you kindly help me to convert it to mtf version,(i do not know how to modify or copy & paste your previous mtf to fit this version. i will do all the rest. if this attached version is not ok or cause repaint, may be please help me convert #1645 (above) version 2 to mtf, many thanks.

at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574 you have literally thousands of multi time frame indicators. Use any of those to see how multi time framing can be done (best way to learn is to see how other do it - and there you even have some good explanations of how it can be done)

mladen:
at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574 you have literally thousands of multi time frame indicators. Use any of those to see how multi time framing can be done (best way to learn is to see how other do it - and there you even have some good explanations of how it can be done)

Hi mladen,

i attached a trial version i made, it cannot work as mtf indeed, i do not dare to copy & paste all parts from the MTF_CCI, because seems the way of bar counting not same as your code which i use yours in this trial version just like before ones. I afraid it would affect its signals or cause repaint, could you help me do this last part? please help check also this version or the final product after incorporate mtf, will it cause any repaint and if there are any problems , could help fix/improve the main significant ones. by the way, do i need to write: for(i=limit;i>=0;i--) for every idt and idx sentences or just write one time is ok? many many thanks from kenwa. (PS: i am just novice to coding, cannot handle many technical and applicable issues, hope you can understand )

kenwa:
Hi mladen, i attached a trial version i made, it cannot work as mtf indeed, i do not dare to copy & paste all parts from the MTF_CCI, because seems the way of bar counting not same as your code which i use yours in this trial version just like before ones. I afraid it would affect its signals or cause repaint, could you help me do this last part? please help check also this version or the final product after incorporate mtf, will it cause any repaint and if there are any problems , could help fix/improve the main significant ones. by the way, do i need to write: for(i=limit;i>=0;i--) for every idt and idx sentences or just write one time is ok? many many thanks from kenwa. (PS: i am just novice to coding, cannot handle many technical and applicable issues, hope you can understand )

Dear Kenwa

If I understand your needs clearly, hereby attached the indicator designed to suit you. It's Mladen's work sharing in previous post, and I just modified a bit aiming to minimize total buffers used. Hope that's what you want.

I think Mladen's advices and links introduced to you is extremely helpful, and learning coding to adapt your needs is a long journey. I mean you should take step-by-step progress approach. Be patient and keep working hard ! That's usually the best way.

Wish you all best !

fareastol

Thanks fareastol,

will your way of doing cause repaintness? but seems cannot allow 3 cases universally apply to my want, could you or mladen, just help me to add mtf functionality to #1652's trial mq4? Many thanks for help.

PS: yes, your syn is good, actually i am not unwilling to use the version, but the advanced auto-detect symbol or local chart functionality inside seems restrict me to use preset symbols inside or at least my ability do not know how to incorporate my exact intention (3 cases) as in #1652. hope can be understand my intention. So my original intent is whether it allow external input symbols and internal preset symbols and local chart recognition (not necessarily need auto-detect, too advanced to me to understand the code). the code in #1652 is silly code, but seems can allow this to happen.

hi mladen,

i try to suit my need and incorporate your code, but still fail , could you help me?either fix this attached or make mtf of #1652, (i do not know how to incorporate your mtf code to mine, or use that the code of #MTF_CCI to fit my trial file on #1652. I try many times already. Actually i do not need auto check symbol functionality because i cannot understand and incorporate to my 3 cases need. please ensure it not repaint past, because i add something there afraid affecting it. Many thanks and hope you can patience to my messages and request .

kenwa:
hi mladen, i try to suit my need and incorporate your code, but still fail , could you help me?either fix this attached or make mtf of #1652, (i do not know how to incorporate your mtf code to mine, or use that the code of #MTF_CCI to fit my trial file on #1652. I try many times already. Actually i do not need auto check symbol functionality because i cannot understand and incorporate to my 3 cases need. please ensure it not repaint past, because i add something there afraid affecting it. Many thanks and hope you can patience to my messages and request .

kenwa

What autocheck symbol functionality are you talking about? There is no such thing in that code

All you have to do is to enter the symbol in the appropriate parameter field and it will work (on any symbol, as long as the symbol name is correct) Use the indicator the fareastol provided since it does all that you were talking about that you need it

mladen:
kenwa

What autocheck symbol functionality are you talking about? There is no such thing in that code

All you have to do is to enter the symbol in the appropriate parameter field and it will work (on any symbol, as long as the symbol name is correct) Use the indicator the fareastol provided since it does all that you were talking about that you need it

could you help me convert the attached one to mtf version, because this is the one fit my need. also i do not know how to incorporate yours to mine, thanks again.

kenwa:
could you help me convert the attached one to mtf version, because this is the one fit my need. also i do not know how to incorporate yours to mine, thanks again.

kenwa

Please read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page111 and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page111

all the best

Hi Mladen

Related to my request to calculate POC and VA for a target band based on a given market profile, I have tried as hard as possible. Unfortunately, I've only gained POC value. Getting VA High/Low values are beyond of my current ability.

Besides, at the week beginning, the original indicator Level Sensor seems to have error in its code, causing terrible display as you can see in attached picture. I can't understand what reason, just guessing it relates to conflicts between MT4 default display and data of lower timeframe (<W1).

Please have a look and give me advice to move on.

Thanks deeply,

fareastol

Files:

mladen:
kenwa

I see already , it calculate external input, cannot allow internal pre-already preset symbols standalone or any associated calculation , so that not same as my intention. the attached one here is more like my intent, but still repaint in live, especially i press refresh button of mt4 platform, lines shift position significantly.

may you check the attachment code why it still repaint? what cause the repaint or shift lines position . thanks again.