Coding help - page 164

banian:
Malden sir can u code me a indicator for renko charts plzz

banian

Not sure that I understand you

If you are looking for renko charts some one be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181271

If you are looking for indicators that can work on renko charts : any normal indicator should work with no problem on a renko chart (if renko chart generating software is working as it should)

mladen:
kenwa All you have to do is replace a call to iCCI() with iStochastic() and supply appropriate parameters as external parameters (if I understand correctly what do you need in that code)

hi mladen again,

I think my problems actually is not just about change to stochastic or icustom.

your indicator is in fact too smart and concretely short design, and too profound level for me to understand the code sentences that i cannot incorporate the functions i want to put in . please open the" say clearly what i mean actually.mq4" content on #1623 on page 163 (some more explain on #1622 's cases version My CCI TEST again.mq4 content) and I explain what few problems i encounter within (not complicate indeed, but i cannot incorporate to your indicator), i just want to do the tasks and functions that these mq4 can done, except remove the repaintness issue and add mtf. Hope you can understand my situation i really cannot incorporate due to my ability. Thanks again.

kenwa:
I think my problems is not just change to stochastic or icustom. your indicator is in fact too smart and concretely short design, and too profound level for me to understand the code sentences that i cannot incorporate the functions i want to put in . please open the" say clearly what i mean actually.mq4" content on #1623 on page 163 and I explain what few problems i encounter within (not complicate indeed, but i cannot incorporate to your indicator), i just want to do the tasks and functions that this mq4 can done, except remove the repaintness issue and add mtf. Hope you can understand my situation. Thanks again.

kenwa

What you posted is not a mql source code at all. Please read what is posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172969/page2 about coding.

It would be completely meaningless that I repeat what is already told and shown there (with a lot of examples). And it would be even less meaningful that I try to "correct" or to try to explain what is wrong codewise in something that is not a source code at all

happy trading

mladen:
kenwa

What you posted is not a mql source code at all. Please read what is posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172969/page2 about coding.

It would be completely meaningless that I repeat what is already told and shown there (with a lot of examples). And it would be even less meaningful that I try to "correct" or to try to explain what is wrong codewise in something that is not a source code at all

happy trading

mladen

yes it is not an workable indicator, i just write different cases and my problems there within to tell you what problems i face in incorporate your indicator with what i want its functions to be, because i do not know how to code, so it is not formal mql code

kenwa

Here is the CCI example made to be able to show up to 8 different symbols. Left out of it checks for duplicate symbols display (for the simplicity of code so that it is easier to see how can it be done) For a bit more complicated way how up to 8 symbols can be displayed in the same window you can see at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page19

Happy coding

hi mladen,

i just go through all the lessons you introduce (except EA part), due to my assimilating and applying ability , i think i still cannot apply these new learnt concepts to the task i want to do. hope you could offer help. Many thanks.

mladen:
kenwa

Here is the CCI example made to be able to show up to 8 different symbols. Left out of it checks for duplicate symbols display (for the simplicity of code so that it is easier to see how can it be done) For a bit more complicated way how up to 8 symbols can be displayed in the same window you can see at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page19

Happy coding

Thanks mladen, but it is not my intend functions, i try my best to make two indicators, attached here, you will know what i really want to do if you see my inside code, have 3 cases, one is local chart Null, one is allow own calculation, one is external symbol input,( i mean i hope the indicator do not restrict only auto-detect/allowed local chart or external input, but also allow me pre-set symbols inside for calculation inside) your version is indeed very good and very concise coding, just cannot allow me to add calculation within (i.e. 3 cases), i try to do with these attachments, though very silly code, not workable, but anyway show my intention what i want the indicator can do, and hope add mtf and non repaint function as well. many thanks for a look into the silly code and hope to made it work as my intend, hope not also too advanced or complex or not necessarily need auto detect function, so that i can also apply or adapt easily.

PS:i do not know why the indicators cannot display in the idx version, but only idt (raw cci without smooth) version (just 2 lines), as to my best knowledge, it seems i want to average smooth the cci and display the line as signal and put to idx buffer, but cannot display the idx but only the raw idt cci signal. (i add many sentences there to test how many indicators or buffers maximum allowed in mt4), sorry my English is not very good.

kenwa:
Thanks mladen, but it is not my intend functions, i try my best to make two indicators, attached here, you will know what i really want to do if you see my inside code, have 3 cases, one is local chart Null, one is allow own calculation, one is external symbol input,( i mean i hope the indicator do not restrict only auto-detect/allowed local chart or external input, but also allow me pre-set symbols inside for calculation inside) your version is indeed very good and very concise coding, just cannot allow me to add calculation within (i.e. 3 cases), i try to do with these attachments, though very silly code, not workable, but anyway show my intention what i want the indicator can do, and hope add mtf and non repaint function as well. many thanks for a look into the silly code and hope to made it work as my intend, hope not also too advanced or complex or not necessarily need auto detect function, so that i can also apply or adapt easily. PS:i do not know why the indicators cannot display in the idx version, but only idt (raw cci without smooth) version (just 2 lines), as to my best knowledge, it seems i want to average smooth the cci and display the line as signal and put to idx buffer, but cannot display the idx but only the raw idt cci signal. (i add many sentences there to test how many indicators or buffers maximum allowed in mt4), sorry my English is not very good.

This line :

iCCI("Extsymbola",TimeFrame,CCI_Period,applied_price,i);

means : calculate CCI for symbol "Extsymbola", not for the symbol which is contained in Extsymbola variable. Remove the """

You can not use some array as a buffer unless it is explicitly declared as a buffer (using the SetIndexBuffer() call) - in first case you declare only "idt"s as buffers in the second you declare only "idx"s as a buffer neither way will work. Also, if you have read those classes, you already know that metatrader can use only 8 buffers so you will not be able to use 16 buffers (8 idt + 8 idx)

happy coding

mladen:
This line :
iCCI("Extsymbola",TimeFrame,CCI_Period,applied_price,i);

means : calculate CCI for symbol "Extsymbola", not for the symbol which is contained in Extsymbola variable. Remove the """

You can not use some array as a buffer unless it is explicitly declared as a buffer (using the SetIndexBuffer() call) - in first case you declare only "idt"s as buffers in the second you declare only "idx"s as a buffer neither way will work. Also, if you have read those classes, you already know that metatrader can use only 8 buffers so you will not be able to use 16 buffers (8 idt + 8 idx)

happy coding

when i remove "" in the Extsymbola, the compiler need me to declare the variable.

and i do not know how to put my ideas to work. could you offer help? or demo to accomodate both 3 cases in a small scale so that i can do the rest? the course I read all the pdf , except EA, there most are fundamental concepts but in practice i lack the ability to apply to my situation. Thanks again.

kenwa:
when i remove "" in the Extsymbola, the compiler need me to declare the variable. and i do not know how to put my ideas to work. could you offer help? or demo to accomodate both 3 cases in a small scale so that i can do the rest? the course I read all the pdf , except EA, there most are fundamental concepts but in practice i lack the ability to apply to my situation. Thanks again.

It is because you declared it as ExtSymbola not as Extsymbola

Use the same name ("S" and "s" are not the same)

But all that you could already find at the lessons from this link : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172969/page2