Running MQ4 ON MULTYTHREAD CPU'S

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to utilyze a multythread computer (Dual Core) for MQ4,since MQ4 is only for single thread cpu's.

I have windows x64 running, and it crashes constantly using mq4. Nontheless MQ4 is only using one thread.

Is there a way to utilyze both threads, so My dual core cpu would run mq4 better?

Hi,

I can't remember where, but Windows does have a utility that allows you to select a virtual environment for most programs. It's some kind of compatability wizard and I just can't remember where it's located.

Anyhow, when a program has problems all you do is tell windows to run the app. as if it was W98, W2000, or perhaps with your version as if it was a single CPU. Look for the wizard, I'm sure you've got it.

moneyline

HI,

I too am running a Dual Core Pc & also interested or extract more performance in MT. I do have some ea's that run & max my CPU for periods of time. I'v notied when one CPU is under full load, in theroy the other should help the process as well. Well the true case here is the fact MT4 is only designed to execute as a single thread & nothing more, regardless if you have Hyper threading, or Dual core CPU or XP 32bit, XP64bit MT will always excute one thread.

However there are options.

Intel has introduced ViiV technology, this allows you to run virtual OS on top of you normal OS with the option to choose CPU, therefore installing a virtual Windows XP & then the virtual OS is using the second CPU, so you could load MT as well under the virtual environment & say I you were to trade 4 currencys, then you would split 2 pairs on the original XP & 2 pairs under the virtual environment. This is all done by a program called VMWARE.

Windows 64bit XP.

Although windows 64bit runs MT just fine, any indicators that are very intensive & consume a lot of CPU resources tend to crash the WOW64 process, this process allow MT4 to run in windows 64bit, it's there beacause MT4 is a 32bit app & needs to be emulated in a 32bit environment.

Roundup

The only solution I know right now is to split MT4 under to envirments therefore using 2 cpu's & not one. Remeber MT is only a single thread app.

If there are apps out there & a windows tools that can allow this then I too am interested to look into it.

Jorgka

May the heavens shower pips on us all