Help required from FX Virgin x

Hi everyone,

Sorry to seem a bit dumb, I'm new to FX trading, but some expert advisors for MT4 would be appreciated for GBP/$, particularly breakout strategies.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kirsty...

Try checking the threads below.. there's quite a number of EAs for that currency pair. Also.. have a look around the site. You'll find many interesting things.. and a lot of what you're looking for is right under your nose

Kirsty_FX:
Hi everyone,

Sorry to seem a bit dumb, I'm new to FX trading, but some expert advisors for MT4 would be appreciated for GBP/$, particularly breakout strategies.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kisty, we are all dumb! Dont let it worry you. I have many mq4 files and you are welcome to any of them. Be aware of the danger in trying all and concentrating on none, a recipe for disaster. I see you are on the Juice thread, why not concentrate on that very good system?

Cheers

Dave

Cheers Dave, your right, I like the Juice system as its quite simple and straightforward to help me 'pull the trigger' , the post above was before I discovered this one. But thanks again for your kind offer and many pips to you !

euro_d:
Hi Kisty, we are all dumb! Dont let it worry you. I have many mq4 files and you are welcome to any of them. Be aware of the danger in trying all and concentrating on none, a recipe for disaster. I see you are on the Juice thread, why not concentrate on that very good system?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Kirsty,

Maybe try Hans' Daily Breakout EA- Hans123 etc:- Use it on 30min charts for Euro and Pound.

I'm testing this method now (so I can't completely vouch for it) but Hans forward tested it since early 2005 and it made on average 600 pips per month.

The 90% modelling 5 yr backtest shows a consistent upward equity curve.

Gramski.

Ea????

Since it is ok to be a little dumb here, can someone explain to me what exactly the EA do and what their used for?

EA stands for Expert Advisor. It is the automated trading system which is loaded on your chart and trades without any manual intervention.

Good trades!

Mr. Krebs

This one maybe the dumbest question: where can I download the EA?

I read in FAQ that it's freely available in the free section, but I can't find the free section

Help please?

Many thanks!

letrianov:
This one maybe the dumbest question: where can I download the EA?

I read in FAQ that it's freely available in the free section, but I can't find the free section

Help please?

Many thanks!

There are many EAs in this forum.

You may download it from many places.

1. Mainly from this section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Go to this section and change "Display Options" to "from the beginning".

You may try a search as well https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forex-tsd.src/search

2. You may look at the other sections as well. Because people are discussing 2 or 3 EAs during the 3 or more months already so it is very easy to find the most popular EAs here.

3. Besides there are some EAs in this section.

Usually I am doing a search if I want to find something.

4. There is very good thread about "show us your best EA".

5. This thread about coders are good as well. Means that programmers are hally ro help: some of them for free, some of them for money, some of them wants to participate in the system development in this forum on ay threads, and so on.

I am not making the full list of EAs as not every EA was proven. I am testing them in elite section to have some opinion. EAs which I am not testing is the following very popular EAs: CyberiaTrader, Firebird 63G and so on, and some others.

There is thread in elite section namely "EAs' files" where I am posting EAs which i found in this forum and which are most interesting. This thread is big now.

But I think mainly you need this thread.

Why nothing happened?

Thanks a lot Newdigital!

I finally found some great EA's that you mentioned. However, even after I compile and try the strategy testing on them, some of them did not show any result. I checked the minimum balance and it is still sufficient, in fact when I tried to use them on live demo account, nothing happened!

No position being opened until now.

What's wrong?

Sorry to bug you with all this newbie confussion.

Thanks again!

letrianov:
Thanks a lot Newdigital!

I finally found some great EA's that you mentioned. However, even after I compile and try the strategy testing on them, some of them did not show any result. I checked the minimum balance and it is still sufficient, in fact when I tried to use them on live demo account, nothing happened!

No position being opened until now.

What's wrong?

Sorry to bug you with all this newbie confussion.

Thanks again!

Try Codersguru lessons http://www.metatrader.info/node/27

BTW there are a lot of EAs.