Universal MA Cross EA - page 120

erebus441:
Is there a version that works on build 890? (All these continual MT4 upgrades are a real pain. Ow do we keep up?)

I am using version 890 and all seems ok......

Is there a version that works on build 890? (All these continual MT4 upgrades are a real pain. How do we keep up?)

Sorry for the double post. Which version are you using Dave?

erebus441:
Sorry for the double post. Which version are you using Dave?

I am using 1.08 nmc

I have had it for a long time

It works on 5 digits, not on 4 digits

Blaiserboy:
I am using 1.08 nmc

I have had it for a long time

It works on 5 digits, not on 4 digits

Thanks Dave I will go back to the drawing board.

erebus441:
Thanks Dave I will go back to the drawing board.

I am wrong, I think, about 4 digits..... I think it will work on both.

I did use the old version just now. on 5 digits and it worked, but there are improvements in 1.08.

I may make a couple changes in 1.08 and let you know

I have not tried to use it on Renko.

smartconnect:
Hi MrTools and mladen,

We have three moving averages to decide the entry. Similarly I would like to have two moving averages cross for the EXIT. For example, I make my entry using 5 ema cross 21 ema with 84 ema as third for trend confirmation. The order should exit when the 5 ema crosses 9 ema. So a set of two emas' should be added to the ea for the above exit strategy. I hope you have understood my point. Can you please help me on this for the benefit of all those who are interested in this simple moving average ea.

Thanks.

smartconnect

I had a look at this idea..... and came to this conclusion

This would work a small percentage of the time, maybe 10 or 12 per cent...... and the averages would have to be a little different... maybe 3 and 22 might be close.

I have an idea that the ea has enough toys in it that this would just be clutter and not really effective.

In fact..... this would add to the number of small losses and would affect the ratios like recovery factor and profit factor. I did several tests on 60 minute chart to come up with my numbers.

IMHO

Hi everyone,

Please help update this wonderful ea with TEMA(Triple Exponential Moving Averages) indicator attached below. I want to use TEMA instead of DEMA in the ea option. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

TEMA.mq4

universalma_cross_ea__ecn_1.08_nmc.mq4

forex_love:
Hi everyone,

Please help update this wonderful ea with TEMA(Triple Exponential Moving Averages) indicator attached below. I want to use TEMA instead of DEMA in the ea option. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

TEMA.mq4

universalma_cross_ea__ecn_1.08_nmc.mq4

You need only replace every instance of 'Dema' with 'Tema'

Get the ea up and use ctrl f to 'find' dema and then work your way through the code and replace each instance. will take you ten minutes at the most.

Blaiserboy:

You need only replace every instance of 'Dema' with 'Tema'

Get the ea up and use ctrl f to 'find' dema and then work your way through the code and replace each instance. will take you ten minutes at the most.

//----------------------- SET VALUE FOR VARIABLE

if(ConfirmedOnEntry)

{

if(CheckTime == iTime(s_symbol,TimeFrame,0)) return(0);

else CheckTime = iTime(s_symbol,TimeFrame,0);

if(UseTEMA)

{

FastMACurrent = iCustom(s_symbol,TimeFrame,"tema",FastTemaPeriod,FastTemaPrice,0,1);

SlowMACurrent = iCustom(s_symbol,TimeFrame,"tema",SlowTemaPeriod,SlowTemaPrice,0,1);

}

else

{

FastMACurrent = iMA(s_symbol,TimeFrame,FastMAPeriod,FastMAshift,FastMAType,FastMAPrice,1);

SlowMACurrent = iMA(s_symbol,TimeFrame,SlowMAPeriod,SlowMAshift,SlowMAType,SlowMAPrice,1);

}

}

else

{

if(UseTEMA)

{

FastMACurrent = iCustom(s_symbol,TimeFrame,"tema",FastTemaPeriod,FastTemaPrice,0,0);

SlowMACurrent = iCustom(s_symbol,TimeFrame,"tema",SlowTemaPeriod,SlowTemaPrice,0,0);

}

else

{

FastMACurrent = iMA(s_symbol,TimeFrame,FastMAPeriod,FastMAshift,FastMAType,FastMAPrice,0);

SlowMACurrent = iMA(s_symbol,TimeFrame,SlowMAPeriod,SlowMAshift,SlowMAType,SlowMAPrice,0);

}

}

CrossDirection = subCrossDirection(FastMACurrent,SlowMACurrent);

Hi Blaiserboy,

I did replace every "Dema" with "Tema" as shown above and received 10 errors undeclared indentifier after compiling which i have no idea what it means. I already put TEMA in my indicator folder.