Universal MA Cross EA - page 88

gtudor:
Look here for BE (Break Even)!

Dear Gtudor

Gread job! thank you very much! now the indicator have initial stop, trailing stop, break even, third indicator filter, time management and money management. almost trading managemet element included. If have PARTIAL CLOS, it would be perfected.

hi friend i have idea can u add one function in this EA not close any order if the order in loss for example if i run this EA in buy mode than my order in loss EA naver close this order wait for another buy signal than EA buy again and whan any buy order is win than close the order if the both order in win EA close both order if they get sell signal add this setting in EA other order setting xpip and how many order ea can open but ea follow trand if trand up EA work in buy mode if trand down EA working sell mode plz add this option

Hi,

I am not a programmer but I noticed there is a check in the code if there are 100 bars on the chart. It seems the chart needs to display 100 bars?

Can anyone verify that and explain why?

Thanks

jeff123:
Hi,

I am not a programmer but I noticed there is a check in the code if there are 100 bars on the chart. It seems the chart needs to display 100 bars?

Can anyone verify that and explain why?

Thanks

Some indicators check if there are enough bars "in the past" to be able to perform the necessary calculations. If you remove this part from the code, the indicator might crash (due to possible zero divide errors etc), or it won't display the correct data, simply because it did not have enough data to correctly perform its calcs.

Hope this explains it, or did I misread your question?

Thanks snowski.

The one thing that hurts me on this EA is when a big bar is a crossover and then the next bar is a lot of the time, not always, goes the opposite way and gets stopped out.

If there was a way to check if the crossover bar was greater then the average of the last few bars and then you could not trade that bar.

Or maybe this has been discussed before. I use the 4 hour chart.

Jeff

Problem to trade two pairs.

When i used this EA to trade two pairs, the EA ONLY worked one pair, another did not worked.

Please help to advise how to set this issues.

Thank you!

jeff123:
Thanks snowski.

The one thing that hurts me on this EA is when a big bar is a crossover and then the next bar is a lot of the time, not always, goes the opposite way and gets stopped out.

If there was a way to check if the crossover bar was greater then the average of the last few bars and then you could not trade that bar.

Or maybe this has been discussed before. I use the 4 hour chart.

Jeff

You might want to consider filtering for long bars, or adjust SL. I am not familiar with this EA but there are ample techniques and filters available to avoid or exploit such events.

I am hoping to find a way to filter the entry on long bars as I would prefer not to enter rather than adjust the stop loss.

Thanks.

I have been getting a lot of these errors on this EA lately;

2013.04.09 01:59:57 universalMACrossEA + ecn 1.02 USDCHF,H4: Error opening BUY order : (0) no error

No pair in particular but I get a lot of these. Sometimes I enter manually and it is fine.

Thanks in advance. My broker is FXCM is that matters.

And sometimes I get the error 'too many request'.

Jeff

jeff123:
I have been getting a lot of these errors on this EA lately;

2013.04.09 01:59:57 universalMACrossEA + ecn 1.02 USDCHF,H4: Error opening BUY order : (0) no error

No pair in particular but I get a lot of these. Sometimes I enter manually and it is fine.

Thanks in advance. My broker is FXCM is that matters.

And sometimes I get the error 'too many request'.

Jeff

jeff123

Error 0 is not an error (all is done OK) The only inconvenience is that all those errors are written into log file and your log file is growing. As of "Too many requests" : they are saying (word by word) that : "The frequency of requesting must be reduced, the program logic must be changed"