Universal MA Cross EA - page 23

MONEy MANAGEMENT

Hi.

Can anybody tell Pl.how the money management works(logic).

SIDDESH

keramikus:
Another interesting thing, dunno if somebody alreday brought it up:

I have created pair chart on 30min TF, then attached EA and saved layout to template. Then i created another chart on different pair and used saved template for quick setup (EA was automatically attached).

Here`s the catch: after one day i just switched TF to 15min BUT EA still uses 30 min settings/bars to calculate crosses and place trade on next bar after cross is made (i have ConfirmedEntry=True).

So i reckon: one must not use template with saved EA on it but place EA fresh; also when switching TF - remove EA, switch TF, attach EA.

Comments welcome.

Hi keramikus, yes, this EA has a mechanism to prevent changing time frame when it's already attached to a certain time frame. The only way to change time frame is remove the EA and re-attach it. Re-apply a template is another way. Hope this help

thanks

this EA has great potential!

Thanks for sharing

firedave:
Hi keramikus, yes, this EA has a mechanism to prevent changing time frame when it's already attached to a certain time frame. The only way to change time frame is remove the EA and re-attach it. Re-apply a template is another way. Hope this help

Helps and confirms my theory; means templates with this EA on are useless.

Creed that with this pointer goes very better. I use it in manual way on two frame various, for which the if he wants himself to be automated system it must insert the magical number. Excused the language are Italian.

Files:

Adding New Features

HI,firedave,

I have added RSI filter,Margincutoff and TrailingStopType 3 to your EA.

I want to forward test this. Please correct if any mistakes in the code. I am getting some warning messages.

I hope you will respond.

Regards,

SIDDESH

Files:

I'm confused on the third ma feature, and I was wondering if this could be done with your EA.

I want to use 3 MA's (40EMA, 60SMA, and 200EMA)

I want to trade it like this.

If the 40EMA and 60SMA have crossed the 200EMA upwards, I want to buy. If the 40EMA and 60SMA have crossed the 200EMA down I want to sell.

Also, I want to use the close and reverse feature. If I'm in a buy and they cross down I want to close the buy and put in a sell.

Can you EA do this? Every time I try playing with the settings, it does not work correctly for me.

Could you or someone post exactly how to input the settings into the EA to make this happen correctly?

Thanks.

hi

SIDDESH:
HI,firedave,

I have added RSI filter,Margincutoff and TrailingStopType 3 to your EA.

I want to forward test this. Please correct if any mistakes in the code. I am getting some warning messages.

I hope you will respond.

Regards,

SIDDESH

nice EA ...actually how many MA in this EA we can trade ?

suppose I've 3 MA's is it possible to add more rules in this EA?

Thx

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

exact setting ?

firedave:
Hi Dave, here is a picture with some explanation.

1. ThirdMA will act like a additional filter, if you set UseThirdMA = TRUE. If UseCounterTrend = FALSE, then the EA will only BUY if the cross of FirstMA and SecondMA is above the ThirMA, and will only SELL if the cross of FirstMA and SecondMA is below the ThirMA.

2. If UseCounterTrend = TRUE, the EA will trade any cross, regardless it's above or below ThirdMA, but if there is SELL above ThirdMA or BUY below ThirMA, it will use CTStopLoss and CTTakeProfit as the SL and TP.

3. If OnlyCounterTrend = TRUE, then the EA will only trade a counter trend signal, mean only BUY if below ThirdMA and SELL if above the ThirdMA (opposite from number #1)

Please let me know if you still confuse. Hope this help

Hi, firedave,

I am confused. What is the exact setting for only BUY if cross is below ThirdMA and SELL if the cross is above the ThirdMA.

Pl. help.

SIDDESH

Siddesh, u read my mind. I was trying out C.E.O.`s MultiXPMA EA but doing not good, then I come here and see that u implemented RSI in this EA - great job. U think it would be of any benefit and not too much trouble to add CCI filter also? Just a thought, cause I saw it in XPMA and liked it. I thnik version 8 of this EA is great, but also with RSI on top its more than great.