Universal MA Cross EA - page 22

SIDDESH:
Hi, Firedave.

As I have forward tested this latest EA, I strongly felt that there should be a routine for controlling the equity, which can control the number of open positions.(This is present in the firebird latest EA).

I request you that please put this restriction in the EA .

SIDDESH

Hi Siddesh, do you think MAxOpenTrade setting could solve this problem ?

Multiple Open Trade Setting :

-----------------------------

ver.5 MaxOpenTrade (default 2)

Number of maximum open trade at one time. This setting is use when StopAndReverse / PureSAR = FALSE so the EA won't close the open order when there is an opposite signal, but rather it will open a new trade. Set the number of open trade allowed. If StopAndReverse / PureSAR = TRUE this setting will always = 1, mean one trade at a time.

SIDDESH:
Hi, firedave.

I like your EA. Great work.

I manualy use the position of the 10 and 24 EMA cross along with the Pivot lines to place the orders.

Based on the observation that the prices frequently wander around pivot line,

I place

- buy / sell orders whenever the cross occurs between S1 and R1 lines,

- only buy order between S1 and S2 ,

- only sell order between R1 and R2 lines and

- no orders any where else.

I have got very impressive results ( not even a single loss) with this method in my live and demo account. SL 150 and TP at 18.

My request is, can you please incorporate this trading restriction into your latest EA. I have attached the reqiured indicator.

I hope you will kindly respond and make this modification in the EA.

Thanks,

SIDDESH

Hi Siddesh, added this filter, posted the modified EA on post #1. Please let me know if the trade match the requirement

hi firedave,

i found your universal ma cross ea and i think its great. I saw that there are various ways of exiting positions - PT, exit on cross, stop and reverse and pureSAR. Would it be complicated for you to add the posibility to change timeframe of pSAR? Example: we are trading on 4H timeframe and we have good entries here. Now I would like to exit on pSAR but not on 4H but on 30M as shorter period gives quicker signal. Is it posible to do it. Or is it wrong idea from me?

Happy trading and have a good day

GM

With this EA from the first post, does it have the optimized defaults so I can just load it on H1? and what currencies have been working best?

Thanks

greenmouse:
hi firedave,

i found your universal ma cross ea and i think its great. I saw that there are various ways of exiting positions - PT, exit on cross, stop and reverse and pureSAR. Would it be complicated for you to add the posibility to change timeframe of pSAR? Example: we are trading on 4H timeframe and we have good entries here. Now I would like to exit on pSAR but not on 4H but on 30M as shorter period gives quicker signal. Is it posible to do it. Or is it wrong idea from me?

Happy trading and have a good day

GM

Okay, I will try to add this feature on next release. Thank you

matrixebiz:
With this EA from the first post, does it have the optimized defaults so I can just load it on H1? and what currencies have been working best? Thanks

Nope, no optimization yet. I build the EA for everyone who likes to play with Moving Average strategy and I don't have the best setup. Hope someone who have good setting could share it here

firedave:
Nope, no optimization yet. I build the EA for everyone who likes to play with Moving Average strategy and I don't have the best setup. Hope someone who have good setting could share it here

Ok, no problem.

and yes, anyone with profitable settings could post please

Thanks

firedave:
Hi Siddesh, do you think MAxOpenTrade setting could solve this problem ?

Hi, firedave.

Thanks a lot for your cosideration.

Equity is our main concern rather than the Max. number of orders. With the number of orders open, the equity may go beyond the controllable limits causing huge lose. If we are able to put the limit to equity itself , it will be great. I am not a programmer, still in the learning stage. I am requesting you to put this restriction and help.

Regards.

SIDDESH

tested the new version

firedave:
Hi Siddesh, added this filter, posted the modified EA on post #1. Please let me know if the trade match the requirement

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, firedave.

I have forward tested the new version. If the pivot is true, the EA is putting the orders at the wrong positions, even not obeying the cross.

I hope you will rectify this.

Thanks,

SIDDESH

Another interesting thing, dunno if somebody alreday brought it up:

I have created pair chart on 30min TF, then attached EA and saved layout to template. Then i created another chart on different pair and used saved template for quick setup (EA was automatically attached).

Here`s the catch: after one day i just switched TF to 15min BUT EA still uses 30 min settings/bars to calculate crosses and place trade on next bar after cross is made (i have ConfirmedEntry=True).

So i reckon: one must not use template with saved EA on it but place EA fresh; also when switching TF - remove EA, switch TF, attach EA.

Comments welcome.