Backtesting/Optimization - page 35

Optimizing a VERY large EA, problems with parameters

Hello,

I'm trying something totally new and I'm optimizing a EA with many parameters with many large values.

I constantly get this annoying message:

2008.01.18 00:52:14 Too many passes for optimization. Please try to decrease optimized parameters amount or to increase parameters' values step.

Is there any way to disable this check (except by making larger skip or reducing parameters)? Any configuration or secret windows property that I could use?

I don't mind if the optimization takes 2 days or 2 weeks or 2 months, I just want to do it. That's why I use genetic optimization!

There is no way around this problem, this also makes Mt4 useless for optimizing NN's.

Hi.

Is it true that you need a v208 or earlier of Metatrader to backtest?

Hi.. why am I receiving msg that my test is 'disgarded as insignificant'???????

haha.. i really duno how to use this...

MetaTrader4 build 208 or 209?

I am currently using MetaTrader4 build 211. Somehow I could not get to use the Alpari history data to work with this build. I need to import the data to improve the modelling quality in my backtests.

I found out that you can no longer do this from build 210 onwards. Is this true?

If so, grateful if anyone who has MT4 build 208 or 209 to share the software.

However, if there is a method to import Alpari data into build 211, grateful if you could share the technique as well.

Build 211

Works fine for me!

Do a fresh install and do not ever let it connect.

Big Be

what works best!

When using the tester part of mt4 under optimization, Which are the best results to use "PROFIT FACTOR" or "PROFIT"?

MKH

Orderhistory confuse, need light

Is command orderhistory() work well when doing backtest?

Or must i test it on live rather than backtest?

Have a nice day