Forex Freeway - page 25

congrats to this indicator,

I don't see any road blocks in version 2? are they removed?

I kinda like the idea about trading bounces of them,

just like the commersial indicator does,

seems very profitable!

is there any further developement on this indicator?

superblacksmith:
Hello, I have this freeway indicator and would like to turn it into an EA.However, for this forex freeway indicator, I could not find how to determine if the color is red or green on the bars. If anyone could poin to me on how to read the forex freeway or could create a function like "iFreeway" to be used by my EA, I would be very happy. Thank you. The Indicator is attached.

Hi Superblacksmith,

Interesting indicator...one of the rare ones that does not have any buffers. The iCustom needs indicator buffers to get the values.

You can add ExtMapBuffers directly into the indicator to transfer the indicator values to your EA in your iCustom statements

Using the indicator buffers in your iCustom statements

1) Requires you add ALL indicator parameters in your iCustom statements...and that indicator has way too many parameters that need to be added.

2) Since there are so many parameters (most unneeded), you can remove the "externs" from the indicator to make it easier.

Example iCustom for your EA

(para1, etc = indicator settings...make sure to put all indicator parameters in the iCustom statement):

double iFreeway_Green = iCustom(NULL,0,"Forex_Freeway_2",para1, para2, para-etc,ExtMapBuffer0,0) ;

double iFreeway_Red = iCustom(NULL,0,"Forex_Freeway_2",para1, para2, para-etc,ExtMapBuffer1,0) ;

Do a new line for each ExtMapBuffer you added in the indicator.

Regarding Colored Bars - Looks like they are found in the void column() function.

Find the variables that do the colors and copy them into the ExtMapBuffers.

Then use the examples above to get the color values and use them in your EA.

Hope this helps,

Robert