Forex Freeway - page 20

The market in the past weeks has been very easy thanks to the big trend on the dollar. I'm a bit concerned about the range period. I don't know how it would perform then. The price can swing around it's 50 period moving average once a day or two on the 4hr chart, and that might produce a drawdown. I take the trend from the 50 period CCI on the 4h and that is no different than the price moving about the MA. I guess I could just take it for granted, that it is just the way the market works. I mean, you need a direction, and the CCI is a good tool for that. It is the direction that is the biggest issue to be solved. We all get whipped in a range somehow. I think I will start watching the 15 min chart as well. Perhaps, it will give me less signals, and ... we'll see. Here's a chart of the set up I'm thinking about.

Files:
15min01.gif  80 kb

fxd01:
Can you please explain how to interpret the indicator? In almost all the sample charts shown in this thread have 4 red and 4 green lines (thick). If both red and green bars are in the chart, how to I know if this is a BUY or SELL. I'm attaching one sample here. Can someone please explain how to determin the trend using this chart? Hope the experts will answer this 'newbie' question. Much appreciated.

Some help here, please?

fxd01:
Can you please explain how to interpret the indicator? In almost all the sample charts shown in this thread have 4 red and 4 green lines (thick). If both red and green bars are in the chart, how to I know if this is a BUY or SELL. I'm attaching one sample here. Can someone please explain how to determin the trend using this chart? Hope the experts will answer this 'newbie' question. Much appreciated.

See this post and all will be well.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Keris

See this post and all will be well.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Keris

Hi Keris

Do I understand this correctly? If there are grey bars, signal not confirmed? If they are all green or all red, that confirms a signal?

why i would im hoping this could be a freeway style indicator as the 15min can give entry triggers and when flat a signal to exit ...

also a the indicator posted would make for a good one too

heres a pic of fisherorgv1 at 50period...

Files:

automatedtrader:
why i would im hoping this could be a freeway style indicator as the 15min can give entry triggers and when flat a signal to exit ... also a the indicator posted would make for a good one too

can you post this alaskan pip... indicator

thanks

Try This New Twist

Try This New Twist,Current Testing Looks Good.

New Settings

False

Leave The Rest As Normal

The Reason I Tried This Is So That You Now Have An Exact Entry Point and Exit Point That Is Picking Up On Strong Movements, Within The One Time Frame But Using A Veryfast, Fast, Medium And Slow Cci.the Reason The Trigger Points Are At 80,-80 Is To Filter The Noise And Only Get Genuine Signals.

re previous posting

ignore this as it failed misserable on a sideways moving market

My mistake, sorry...