Forex Freeway - page 13

Mm

DanielTyrkiel:
Also, in a ranging market, one could trade in the direction shown by the MM, even though the CCI lanes aren't in unity.

Hi Daniel

How do you use the mm-levels?

Thanks in advance.

Nesalc

nesalc:
Hi Daniel

How do you use the mm-levels?

Thanks in advance.

Nesalc

I've used it mostly on the four hour chart. I'd buy on the 0/8 level or sell on the 8/8 level. If you trade using the 5min chart it is good to be in the direction of the prevailing trend, and Forex Freeway gives you just that. The 5 min chart sometimes gives a good entry on other levels than 0 and 8, I found the cable respond well to 1 and 7 levels. It can be discretionary as where you enter or , for simplicity, you could just choose one level for shorting (i.e. 8/8) and one level for buying (i.e. 0/8). Up to you. Hope that helps.

free way

Hello

Is there any audiable Alert can be added when the all coloumns green or red ? what do you think?

yass:
Hello Is there any audiable Alert can be added when the all coloumns green or red ? what do you think?

Good idea. I don't know about you but I can't see all the green/red bars when all 4 pairs are on the vertical window mode. An audio sound would be helpful.

jj/.

I've been thinking of a method to trade the MM with FF (don't they just look great together: "MM&FF" ). I couldn't get my head aroung one thing. Many times, when MM says GO, FF isn't ready yet, and the price has to move to pull FF behind it. Of course, you obviously miss an entry unless you use a secondary entry like the fractal breakout suggested at the start of the thread. So I thought, that I should trade the 5min MM both ways until the FF shows a direction, and either stay in if it is my way, or get out and reverse, taking the loss (that wouldn't be much bigger than a regular 20 - 30 pip stop loss on the cable). What do you think? Makes sense, or gibberish?

The best example was today on cable. There was a beautiful entry long, on MM, but not confirmed by FF. And see what happened I think it is the way to go. Take care all, and good hunting.

Mm&ff

I've been thinking of a method to trade the MM with FF (don't they just look great together: "MM&FF" ). I couldn't get my head aroung one thing. Many times, when MM says GO, FF isn't ready yet, and the price has to move to pull FF behind it. Of course, you obviously miss an entry unless you use a secondary entry like the fractal breakout suggested at the start of the thread. So I thought, that I should trade the 5min MM both ways until the FF shows a direction, and either stay in if it is my way, or get out and reverse, taking the loss (that wouldn't be much bigger than a regular 20 - 30 pip stop loss on the cable). What do you think? Makes sense, or gibberish?

Hello Daniel

I most of the time take the trend direction from H4 and H1 and I make my entry on H1 frame!!!!!!(looking at ff and ravi fx fisher) i see on 5min more noisy signals ..... for now i think the big move already done !! by the way iam new user of mm lines one think iam wondering why the level (1.1719 Eur) considered as 0.8 level and not another price level ....... good trading

yass:
Hello Daniel I most of the time take the trend direction from H4 and H1 and I make my entry on H1 frame!!!!!!(looking at ff and ravi fx fisher) i see on 5min more noisy signals ..... for now i think the big move already done !! by the way iam new user of mm lines one think iam wondering why the level (1.1719 Eur) considered as 0.8 level and not another price level ....... good trading

The MM levels are numbered and that's what the indicator shows - the level number not the price.

By the way, there was a very good long entry on cable today, have a look. You should have bought on 0/8 (the lower light blue color line).

Files:
5mincable.gif  57 kb

Mm

Hi Daniel

In my M5 chart the mm lines dont change the numbers as yours M5 can u advice may be i must change something in the settings of the indicator ,and can u write me how can i send a picture of my chart to the forum, thanks in advance

yass:
Hi Daniel In my M5 chart the mm lines dont change the numbers as yours M5 can u advice may be i must change something in the settings of the indicator ,and can u write me how can i send a picture of my chart to the forum, thanks in advance

If you are using Metatrader, go to menu/file/save as picture. after you save your chart , just upload the picture file to the forum, by clicking on the "manage attachements" button below the area where you post your text.

Also, what version of the MM indicator are you using. there are a few. I use "Murray Math Lines F"

Files: