EA for BBands_stop_v1 - page 8

Time frame?

What is the best TF and pair? Thanks

cja:
A small improvement of the code to tidy up the Bar display. bbands_stop_v2_bar.mq4

hi CJA ,pls i was hoping if u could make an mtf for the bband v2 bars,the ones i have seen on the forum have one bug problem or the other.e.g

pls help

Files:
bb_mtf.mq4  4 kb

BBands_Stop_v1 is actually the same as the file ProFX01.ex4 (a file found in the product ProFX). They line up perfectly.

BBands_Stop_v1 is actually based on a moving average (20 SMA).

The signal goes off every time a candle opens above or below 20 SMA (simple moving average).

So if you change the 20 in the inputs to 200, the large red and blue dots (or arrows in other versions) will signal when a candle opens above or below the 200 day moving average. Or you can use 60, or 110 or 14 etc.

There are fewer false signals with the 200 day moving average on higher timeframes, but the sideways market is even there too, so it is not perfect.

Bollinger Bands EA with filters - need help

I really like that bbands_stop_v1 indicator very much. Although basically it is a bollinger bands indicators but its presentation on chart is so much clearer than the original. It makes me looking at bollinger bands more seriously again. Attach is an EA I built using a web base Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4. This EA is based on bollinger bands indicator with RSI (14, 42) and MACD (12,26,27) as filters to reduce false signals.

However, I have a problem, this EA runs smoothly in strategy test but can't trigger any trade when doing LIVE. I think it could be due to my broker (IBFX) don't accept "scripts that use Instant Executions to place market orders with take profits and/or stop losses attached will no longer work. Instead, a market order must be placed first and then a take profit and / or stop loss added to the position."

Can someone who has coding knowledge help to correct the order sending part?

Thanks.

Files:

Pavane thank you !

The backtest on any time frame seems to be very cute

TOP TREND EA TOPTREND Bollinger Bands

Do somebody knows if exists some EA based in the TOP TREND indicator?

FOR LONG It simply indicates a buy when price touch upper band and the stop loss is the Lower band. (Try to put TopTrend and Bollinger bands together for a better understand)

Too bad for no-trend markets!

Indicator attached.

Files:
toptrend.ex4  8 kb
toptrend.mq4  6 kb

TopTrend

Seems to be exactly the same as BBands_Stop

Pavane:
I really like that bbands_stop_v1 indicator very much. Although basically it is a bollinger bands indicators but its presentation on chart is so much clearer than the original. It makes me looking at bollinger bands more seriously again. Attach is an EA I built using a web base Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4. This EA is based on bollinger bands indicator with RSI (14, 42) and MACD (12,26,27) as filters to reduce false signals.

However, I have a problem, this EA runs smoothly in strategy test but can't trigger any trade when doing LIVE. I think it could be due to my broker (IBFX) don't accept "scripts that use Instant Executions to place market orders with take profits and/or stop losses attached will no longer work. Instead, a market order must be placed first and then a take profit and / or stop loss added to the position."

Can someone who has coding knowledge help to correct the order sending part?

Thanks.

Hi Pavane,

Sure - you can still do it, but many brokers do not accept take profits and stop loss when you place an order. You have to use a modify order command. It might look something like this, depending on how you defined your external variables.

Place it after your initial order placement in your EA.

OrderModify(BuyTicket, OrderOpenPrice(), BuyStopLoss, BuyTakepProfit, 0);

Hope this helps.

Maurik

why this happen??

Maurik:
Hi Pavane,

Sure - you can still do it, but many brokers do not accept take profits and stop loss when you place an order. You have to use a modify order command. It might look something like this, depending on how you defined your external variables.

Place it after your initial order placement in your EA.

OrderModify(BuyTicket, OrderOpenPrice(), BuyStopLoss, BuyTakepProfit, 0);

Hope this helps.

Maurik

2012.06.06 19:01:01 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.30406 at 2012.03.15 08:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.30520 mismatches)

help me

HAI ALL ..

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HAVE NOT ....

EA wants the traling I stop ... to traling only ..

not for the auto trade ...

example ..

when I open order

when exit sign

bband stop

then I would use dd traling stop to take profit ...

stoploss will be transferred in accordance with a sign or stop point of the bb ...

help me please

LOCTrailing EA Bollinger Bands (bbands) trailing stop, Breakeven 55 pips - YouTube

the normal bband ...

I want to stop this bb

Files:
tr.jpg  62 kb