Woodie's choppy zone indicator - page 6

When I hover my mouse over the StepChoppyBars v1.1, they all reference UpTrend and nothing about DownTrend. Does anyone has this problem?

Hi,

I think that using of StepMA_v7a isn't good idea. Attach this version to the chart and you can see difference.

Igor

igorad:
Hi,

I think that using of StepMA_v7a isn't good idea. Attach this version to the chart and you can see difference.

Igor

Hi igorad.

Really, you rule. I mistaken. Archive - it is corrected.

All: load the new indicators, but previous delete.

!

This is a last indicators. I have corrected. Use them. Old delete. These save in file with indicators.

All work!

P.S. !!! Archive - it is corrected !!!

All: load the new indicators, but previous delete.

phildunn, I don't know what stepize is. Igorad would have the answer. It seems to be a function of volatility as measured by ATR. It is then used, along with the sensitivity variable Kv, to determine how StepMA will react to market conditions. It might also be used to determine how close to, or far from, price StepMA will be plotted.

So, perhaps price would have to move the equivalent of stepsize*Kv for stepMA to change from it's current plot?

Here is igorad's code for the calculation. I am only learning to understand the code.

//---- StepSize Calculation

double StepSizeCalc ( int Len, double Km, int Size, int k)

{

double result;

if( Size==0 )

{

double AvgRange=0;

for (int i=Len-1;i>=0;i--)

{

if(MA_Mode==0) double alfa= 1.0; else alfa= 1.0+1.0*(Len-i)/Len;

AvgRange+= alfa*(High[k+i]-Low[k+i]);

}

ATR0 = AvgRange/Len;

if (ATR0>ATRmax) ATRmax=ATR0;

if (ATR0<ATRmin) ATRmin=ATR0;

result=MathRound(0.5*Km*(ATRmax+ATRmin)/Point);

}

else

result=Km*StepSize;

return(result);

}

Thanks for explanation. I also think it's something related ATR.:)

Hi,

Thanks Rupp for found small bug in StepMA_v7.

I have corrected it and you can download indicator.

For those from you which try to develop own EAs with use of StepMA_v7, I wish to inform, that you can use this indicator through iCustom.

You will not have problems with speed of backtesting.

Igor

Files:

Great thanks again Igorad.

Just to avoid confusion, if you download this indicator you need to *replace* your previous version of stepma_v7 with this one, don't try to rename it to a new version. The reason is because other indicators(like stepchoppy) use this indicator to do its calculations, so the name has to be exactly as "StepMA_V7".

Hi,

I have developed new version of Choppy Zone Indicator.

This version is based on the VoltyChannel_Stop indicator.

Looks very interesting.

Igor

Files:

hi igorad, i've noticed that woodies choppy zone indicator v1-1-1.2 sometimes changes the colour of the last bar

for example once i had a 5m candle that closed as yellow in woodie. Then the next bar was a big up candle and woodie turned blue and changed the previous bar to blue too

So looking into the past we see that woodie choppy may have changed colour later than it shows on the colour histogram

Am I right?