Profit Generator EA - page 45

Beluck:
have you checked http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/ ? older data may be not good, but more recent should be Ok I think.

Thanks, i'll look at it.

About vchart data, I add tick if a minute was missing. I added 3% of ticks.

I'm still working on the backtester but for this evening I will try to make it under vchart (It could execute code faster than my own solution with databases).

Also, about forward tests of last week. I made a well complete report with graphs...loose by an excel bug during saving . I'll do it again tomorrow

jojo

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply holyguy7. I will forward test the new expert:

Profit Generator 3(1).2.2

Time frame: H1

currency pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, CHFUSD, and GBPJPY

I will start a fresh $5000 account to test with.

Any suggestions on the parameters? My preference is to test with the EA using the dafault OOTB (out of the box) settings.

Jimmy

Here is the New forward test with FIBO,ALPARI,MIG and North Finance that I will be doing for the next week:

H1

TP20 and TP40 and TP 100

All currencies =<5 pips spread

default settings

Obsolete minutes 30

useobsoletemethod = true

12 platforms..hmmmm

Sada

P-Gen Tests for April 9-14

holyguy7

Are their any setups for P-Gen Tests for April 9-14? or are we waiting on some good backtest results?

marlintrdg:
holyguy7 Are their any setups for P-Gen Tests for April 9-14? or are we waiting on some good backtest results?

Well, go to the Post and Compare trades and find some settings that are profitable around what are already successful. That is what I am doing right now. I have 9 Metatrader 4 versions going this week around good settings on the H1 timeframe. I understand for some currency pairs, H4 or Daily might be best.

We need to really just start thinking and testing to find good. I am even trying one setup with NO Stoploss and No Take Profit and am just going to let Obsolete close out the trade (checks every 10 minutes). We will see how it works. Of course, I would not do that with real money but it might give me a good idea of stoplosses to try in the future after studying the trades.

I hope this helps.

holyguy7:
Well, go to the Post and Compare trades and find some settings that are profitable around what are already successful. That is what I am doing right now. I have 9 Metatrader 4 versions going this week around good settings on the H1 timeframe. I understand for some currency pairs, H4 or Daily might be best.

We need to really just start thinking and testing to find good. I am even trying one setup with NO Stoploss and No Take Profit and am just going to let Obsolete close out the trade (checks every 10 minutes). We will see how it works. Of course, I would not do that with real money but it might give me a good idea of stoplosses to try in the future after studying the trades.

I hope this helps.

I setup all pairs on FXDD canned settings for Profit Generator 3[1].2.2. Should be useful as a reference.

Same URL www.thehobbystop.com

marlintrdg:
I setup all pairs on FXDD canned settings for Profit Generator 3[1].2.2. Should be useful as a reference. Same URL www.thehobbystop.com

Why don't you change all canned settings with:

UseObsolete: True

ObsoleteMinutes: 30

Thanks

holyguy7:
Why don't you change all canned settings with:

UseObsolete: True

ObsoleteMinutes: 30

Thanks

Changes made to Ea & website 8:50pm est

Last weeks Results

Hello Guys,

Please find attached last weeks live results for the

Profit Generator - OptionsSet2-Reversed.

I know you guys have come ahead alot since then but since I started the test I figured I finish one full week.

I realy hope we can find a way to make a better Profit Generator EA.

Thoughts on TP with Obsolete Setting

It seems like with the obsolete setting on 30 minutes it makes sense to set a high TP like Holyguy had done(80). If the trade doesn't become obsolete then at least we have a chance for a nice trend trade at 80 pips.