Profit Generator EA - page 15

H4 EUR/USD - longbar = 17

H4 GBP/USD - longbar = 22

H4 USD/CHF - longbar = 25

H4 USD/JPY - longbar = 25

Those appear to give maximal profit over the period 12/1/05 - 12/31/05. I tested from 10 up to 40.

I'm going to tweak my cash management code...currently I assume that I must not commit more than 20% of available margin, and it works fine in backtest on this EA, but it's probably a bit risky in real trade at 100:1 . Let's not get greedy, eh?

Scott

lower timeframes

Yesterday evening, I began tests on M1 to H4, reducing longBar, SL and TP while reducing timeframe. It isn't profitable yet but we'll see what happen today.

I'll post results and settings.

I repeat, i'm a newbie so if you suggest me settings to test I'll do it.

Hello,

Bad day for PG. I followed the recommendations message:85 and I attach statement

Files:

Nich, any chance you can add Stoch Indicator as you have done with STI on this one as well. It might need an additional indicator (as an option) just to verify movement.

It was a very bad day for this EA. However, I noticed that the H1 is still in the profit even though it did lose today as well.

I think it would help to add the Stoch indicator to verify the trend and all of us need to work with a variety of settings like Longbar variants.

I am working at backtesting the different longbar variants and hopefully we can all do the same.

Thanks for your continued support to test this EA.

Not complaining so far. Testing on 30 min chart, 4 majors. Sl 30, tp 6 , allowing 3 trades per pair. See statement. I'm using the first version of Profit Generator.

Files:
prof_gen.htm  13 kb

Correction. Using tp 8 on gbpusd pair.

What could be my problem I am using indicator Profit Generator 2.6.3 on all currencies on daily and it is not placing any orders.

sstillwell:
H4 EUR/USD - longbar = 17

H4 GBP/USD - longbar = 22

H4 USD/CHF - longbar = 25

H4 USD/JPY - longbar = 25

Those appear to give maximal profit over the period 12/1/05 - 12/31/05. I tested from 10 up to 40.

I'm going to tweak my cash management code...currently I assume that I must not commit more than 20% of available margin, and it works fine in backtest on this EA, but it's probably a bit risky in real trade at 100:1 . Let's not get greedy, eh?

Scott

sstillwell,

In backtesting are you getting multiple trade open at same time, I backtested on EURUSD H1, according to your setting I noticed there were 2 or 3 trade opened at same time which is not possible.

any comments, thanks

I don't know about your settings, but I AM setting it to take 2 trades on each pair. Significantly increased profit. Anything above 2 chokes the backtester, though. I suppose leaving it at 1 and changing the cash management/LotSize() code would do the same and give the broker less money, but it appears to work for now...

Scott