Cynthia Kase - Kase Peak Oscillator - page 6

To ValeoFX : I was simply telling facts.

Anyway, if my opinion means anything and if I had to chose, I would always choose Spearman rank correlation.

Now this is how I got to know you, Mladen!! Thank you very much.

YES, I do value YOUR opinion more than you can begin to imagine and that is why I asked in the first place.

You have just "boosted" my 'analysing-eye' so much that I am over excited for the possibilities that I have already seen in the last 3 days.

I would love to correspond with you directly on this issue, but I also know that you were not too keen on me for whatever unknown reason. If you have forgiven me, I would love to pick your brain / expertise on an issue which relates to this topic but which is "off-limits" for the time being.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best personal regards.

It looks as if this thread has paused. I guess I sort of started this round of discussion with my praise for yousky's "KaseCD Peak oscilator."

I want to close by saying that I have tried all the Kase oscillators offered in this forum. For finding regular (for warnings to exit) and hidden (to encourage entries) divergences--the purposes for which I use it as part of my trend-trading method--yousky's version, which can be found in Post #10 of this thread and is spelled exactly as above, seems to work best. It not only gives divergences that have a high probability of working, but it also gives divergences in a high proportion of cases, and it also gives good sharp divergences that are easily recognized.

This comment applies only to trend trading. As for which oscillator, or pair of oscillators, is best for Kase-type swing trading, that I do not know.

Just one addition :

Apart from some deviations in calculating Kase CD, yousky's version has this line in it (line 128)

PK = iMA(NULL, 0, iMA(NULL, 0, initial, 0, RWH-RWL, PRICE_CLOSE, shift), 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, shift);Now the main part (the first IMA) is OK but the nested iMA (iMA(NULL, 0, initial, 0,RWH-RWL, PRICE_CLOSE, shift)) is, a kind of mystery what it does

The RWH-RWL part should determine what method of calculation should be used and if you look a couple of lines upper, it is clear that the intention of those values is not to determine moving average method. In a word,no one can tell you which method of calculating moving average is going to be used in that line.

Also, that nested iMA is in a place where it is supposed to determine the period of the main moving average. I doubt that it was the intention to do that

Just be careful how you use that indicator

Even the one which picture is posted on kase official site should be treated with care : it is obvious that to do what it promises that it is doing (pinpointing peaks), it must repaint. There is no single indicator in the world that can determine peaks (minimums or maximums) without repainting.

PS: a quote from Kase site : "The Kase CD is derived from the Peak oscillator in the same way that the MACD is derived from a moving average oscillator.That is, it is the difference between the Peak Oscillator and the average of the Peak Oscillator, where the MACD is the difference between an exponential moving average oscillator and its average."PPS: comparison of the two (set the gold color of Kase CD to none to get the second indicator display the way it displays on the picture)

grayghost:
It looks as if this thread has paused. I guess I sort of started this round of discussion with my praise for yousky's "KaseCD Peak oscilator."

I want to close by saying that I have tried all the Kase oscillators offered in this forum. For finding regular (for warnings to exit) and hidden (to encourage entries) divergences--the purposes for which I use it as part of my trend-trading method--yousky's version, which can be found in Post #10 of this thread and is spelled exactly as above, seems to work best. It not only gives divergences that have a high probability of working, but it also gives divergences in a high proportion of cases, and it also gives good sharp divergences that are easily recognized.

This comment applies only to trend trading. As for which oscillator, or pair of oscillators, is best for Kase-type swing trading, that I do not know.
Files:
kase_6.gif  18 kb

5 Spearmen to show the way

Here comes a new idea to work with the indicator from me.

I give it the name "5 Spearmen to show the way".

It's very easy to use.

If three of the five Spearmen shows us the same direction you know the trend of the market!

Main observe the high "NextTimeFrames" H4 and D1 to know the underlying direction and choose your trades generally in that trend.

Use it on timeframe M1 in combination with Support and Resistance indicators of your own flavor and scalp the market!

Underlying wider candle's, Heiken Ashi and other good working trend indicators are too very useful to confirm the trend (see template).

Trigger the trades with the direction change of the Spearmen with "NextTimeFrame" M15 and same direction at least of two other Spearmen.

Check it out on a Demo bevore you use it on a Live account!!!

5 Spearman

Please post showing some trades using your 5 spearman please so we can see examples of its use.

Thanks! Preferably on 1 and/or 5 min charts.

Brian

Using 5 Spearmen

Hi Brian,

5 Spearmen is not a complete Trading-Strategy to use "stand-alone" for Trading!

It's only a idea for a "Add-On" to your own Trading-Strategy.

You ever have to create your personally system to feel free at Trading.

Other Traders can only show ideas for your own system that works for your Trading-Psychology.

Of course

Of course..I understand, I was more interested in seeing

examples when the time frames are agreeing so

I know what to look for with this combo indicator attached

to my system, for example an ema cross... what would

"signals" from this 5 spearman look like? Insight on reading

the indicator itself is what I mean.

thanks

Brian

beppi:
Hi Brian,

5 Spearmen is not a complete Trading-Strategy to use "stand-alone" for Trading!

It's only a idea for a "Add-On" to your own Trading-Strategy.

You ever have to create your personally system to feel free at Trading.

Other Traders can only show ideas for your own system that works for your Trading-Psychology.

mladen:
[cut] kase peak oscillator

But.....why your kpo has only one volatility line while this one (see the picture...from this link Kase Peak Oscillator ) has two volatility lines (red and blue)? And the histogram changes color (magenta) exactly on the bottom?

Thanks...