Market Profile - page 2

Tradestation Code

I also found the following Tradestation Code

Files:

Beluck:
market profile indicator

Thank you for the indicator Beluck. I was just looking for it Have you ever had this feeling that the price is going to go up or down from being close to an S/R level? I think this could be a good confirmation of such a feeling what a feeeeeeeeliiin' One quick q. what do the colors mean?

Sorry, I see now

Market Profile

This is the code in Amibroker Formula Languange it shouldn't be very difficult to translate into MQL4.

//Market Profile

//===========================

Den = Param("Density", 40, 10, 100, 10);

ShowMP = ParamToggle("Show MP", "No|Yes");

ShowVP = ParamToggle("Show VP", "No|Yes");

StyleMP = ParamStyle("style MP", styleLine, maskAll);

StyleVP = ParamStyle("style VP", styleLine, maskAll);

BarsInDay = BarsSince(Day() != Ref(Day(), -1)) + 1;

NewDay = Day() != Ref(Day(), 1) OR Cum(1) == BarCount;

Bot = TimeFrameGetPrice("L", inDaily, 0);

Top = TimeFrameGetPrice("H", inDaily, 0);

Vol = TimeFrameGetPrice("V", inDaily, 0);

Range = Highest(Top-Bot);

Box = Range/Den;

VolumeUnit = Vol/BarsInDay;

for (k = 0; k < Den; k++) // loop through each line (price) starting at the Lowest price

{

Line = Bot + k*Box;

detect = Line >= L & Line <= H;

if(ShowMP == True)

{

CountMPString = IIf(NewDay, Sum(detect, BarsInDay), 0);

CountMPString = Ref(ValueWhen(NewDay, CountMPString, 0),-1);

MpLine = IIf(CountMPString >= BarsInDay, Line, Null);

Plot(MPLine, "", colorRed, styleMP);

}

if(ShowVP == True)

{

CountVPString = IIf(NewDay, um(detect*V,arsInDay)/VolumeUnit,0);

CountVPString = Ref(ValueWhen(NewDay, CountVPString, 0), -1);

VpLine = IIf(CountVPString >= BarsInDay, Line + Box/4, Null);

Plot(VPLine, "", colorBlue, styleVP);

}

}

Market Profiles are extremely interesting, but I have yet to see one available for the SpotFX markets. Im not sure one even exists in MT4 platform. Although, I have seen on here one that is a basic graph chart but not a real market profile chart (Based upon alphbetic charts).

TO THE PROGRAMMERS: You all might find this very very interesting. In fact, this might be a project one of the coders on the boards, may find a little tricker then others. Im not sure, the above coding is correct, it proabably is, but I will look thru and see if I can find a similar code. However though, I dont think its possible to code market profile in MT4. You need alot of space and area to create the graphs from the data. It essentially is an entire graph replacing the bar charts.

BUT, IF ANYONE TAKES A STAB AT IT, MY HATS OFF TO YOU.

Thanks,

-secXces

Well, this isn't the translation of the code posted above, but see if this could be of any help to you.

Files:

I am aware of that indicator. Its a simple graph of a market profile. Doesnt accuratly show a true market profile.

Heres some video links from the cbot.com website, you have to put in yuor information to view the video.

http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/cont_detail/0,3206,1019+39794,00.html

secXces

I don't understand. I filled out the registration info, but I cannot view the video. It sends me to a 'http not found' page.

Why do they require the same registration info for each archived video?

Has anyone noticed a strong correlation between reversal points and Prive-Volume-Time interactions? I would think only a weak correlation would exist, and only on the extremes. (less volume = greater chance of support/resist line). The most effective support/resist have 0 trading, because they are never touched...

What would be the purpose of this? Volume over time would tell me when the Over The Counter market is open.

daraknor:
Has anyone noticed a strong correlation between reversal points and Prive-Volume-Time interactions? I would think only a weak correlation would exist, and only on the extremes. (less volume = greater chance of support/resist line). The most effective support/resist have 0 trading, because they are never touched... What would be the purpose of this? Volume over time would tell me when the Over The Counter market is open.

High volume = price acceptance, often it trades back (support/resistance) to these prior day(s) levels

The shape of the profile can teach you a lot too. short- or long covering etc etc

Hi Trading MM

Can you please explain the significance of the shape of the bell curve

Does it suggest there is agreement in the market, and likely to be a move of somekind?

Thanks

CMC