Bollinger Band Width Ratio - page 3

winklevanrip:

In re: 

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
 bb_width_normalized.mq4 above, I wanted to ask the following question:

I have it on my charts but depending on the size of my chart, the current value changes.  For instance, when I have a full screen

chart, the value of the current period is 40.  But when I make the chart smaller to fit lots of charts on my screen, the value of the

current plot shows a much different value for instance 80.  Is there a way to have the values the same not matter the size of the chart

window?  When I'm scanning lots of charts this is very deceiving.  Excuse me if I'm not doing something correctly with a setting, etc.

Thanks very much for the indi as it does solve a real problem with bandwidth indi's not normalized.  Great idea.

Try using this (it will always show the 0 to 100 range)

Files:

Thank you.  You are very kind.  I sent that message during the trading session and forgot a very important point:

I have drawn levels of 20, 30, 50, 70, 80 on the indicator with the stock MT4 levels.  I noticed that it is these values

that are not staying constant...not your indi.  The indi without these levels gives the same value no matter how small/large

I make the chart.  But when I change the size of the chart window with these levels on the indi, the current bandwidth value doesn't

stay at the same level (ex:  30 level).  Excuse me if I'm not explaining it exact.  I have a feeling you know exactly what I'm

referring to though.

I'll put the version above on the charts now and let you know.  Once again, thanks for your expertise and also for your kindness in

helping the community of traders. 

Yes that fixed that didn't it?  :)  Looks perfect on all chart window sizes.  You made my day!  

Have a very good day yourself.  Thank you. 

winklevanrip:

Thank you.  You are very kind.  I sent that message during the trading session and forgot a very important point:

I have drawn levels of 20, 30, 50, 70, 80 on the indicator with the stock MT4 levels.  I noticed that it is these values

that are not staying constant...not your indi.  The indi without these levels gives the same value no matter how small/large

I make the chart.  But when I change the size of the chart window with these levels on the indi, the current bandwidth value doesn't

stay at the same level (ex:  30 level).  Excuse me if I'm not explaining it exact.  I have a feeling you know exactly what I'm

referring to though.

I'll put the version above on the charts now and let you know.  Once again, thanks for your expertise and also for your kindness in

helping the community of traders. 

Please check the indicator again

What you are describing is not happening since it can not. That indicator is normalizing the deviations using what is usually called min/max normalization (or more widely known as stochastic) and it does not change past values. I have no idea what changing values are you talking about, but once when there are fixed minimum and maximum in the indicator, nothing in the indicator changes - except the current value and the current value must change as the value of the current deviation changes (otherwise, it would be repainting). All the best