Has anyone been using FX_Fish for trend reversal detection?

I've been experimenting with FX_Fish some at a higher period, 30, which I think gets a lot of the kinks out. Even though it paints the past some, I've been looking for ways to minimize that with confirmation from other indicators such as Braintrend, PriceChannel V6 and Turbo CCI to pick up acceleration.

My ideas it to wait for both Braintrend and PriceChannel V6 to confirm the trend reversal on the H1 chart before entering a trade. A +/- 100 on the 6 period CCI also helps confirm the direction. FX_Fish looks like it picks up reversals well and BT with Price Channel help to keep out of sidetrends.

What do you think about this strategy? Anyone had success combining FX_Fish with other indicators?

Hi

Fx fish is useless, I suggest you do the same with this indicator what haubentaucher did. It will waste your time and money.

Good chart!

haubentaucher

Would it be possible for you to post your indicator downloads so I could download them and try your set up on my charts please?

Haubentacher,

I noticed on your chart posted in this thread you are running the Stepstop EA. Would you plz share your for this EA? Default is moving in 5 pip steps. I am looking to customize this EA to add different sized steps to move the stop depending on the size of favorable moves.

See my request in this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173643

Plz advise

-Stu

Yea I tested it some more and it was easy to see that it switches completely. I've shelved it and am experimenting with new things now.

zeroz:
I've been experimenting with FX_Fish some at a higher period, 30, which I think gets a lot of the kinks out. Even though it paints the past some, I've been looking for ways to minimize that with confirmation from other indicators such as Braintrend, PriceChannel V6 and Turbo CCI to pick up acceleration.

My ideas it to wait for both Braintrend and PriceChannel V6 to confirm the trend reversal on the H1 chart before entering a trade. A +/- 100 on the 6 period CCI also helps confirm the direction. FX_Fish looks like it picks up reversals well and BT with Price Channel help to keep out of sidetrends.

What do you think about this strategy? Anyone had success combining FX_Fish with other indicators?

I`ve deleted FX Fish today. I`m testing PriceChannel Bollinger Bands Stop and Juice and Shi Channel