Same EA on same chart but different time

I would like to know if it's possible to use the same EA for the same pair but on different time ? i.e. the EUR/USD using the same EA but on the 30 min chart, 1hr chart and the 4hr chart using the same server. I hope you guys can understand my question.

halfasleep:
I would like to know if it's possible to use the same EA for the same pair but on different time ? i.e. the EUR/USD using the same EA but on the 30 min chart, 1hr chart and the 4hr chart using the same server. I hope you guys can understand my question.

Yes. It is possible.

Magic number my be enough sometimes. But in most cases it is necessary to do some improvement inside the code.

halfasleep:

Hi halfasleep,

Sure you can do that. You can use the same EA at any timeframe you want.

But every EA has its manual and recommended timeframes.

I think there's no need to use Magic Number or any to make modification in the EA code. You have only to change the T/F, S/L and T/S of the EA from the input window.
The only thing you have to be sure that the code of the EA uses 0 for Timeframe parameter and not hard coded Timeframe.
EX:
iMA(NULL,0,Ema_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
The bold 0is the Timeframe parameter.
But if the code wrote like this:
iMA(NULL,60,Ema_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
It will not work at any Timeframe buy H1 Timeframe
For example the EMA CROSS EA of coders' guru works fine in any timeframe (except M1 and I didn't try it in W1 or MN). Hope everything is clear now.

If he wants to use the same EA simultaniously in one MetaTrader (for example, EA on EURUSD M15 and the same EA on EURUSDM5 using one Metatrader on the same time) so it needs to be improved in some cases. Because I have experience when the EA could not recognize which ticket (order) should be moved by trailing stop etc.

Besides, some EAs were coded to open the one order per pair (not per chart).

But sometimes the magic numbers are enough.

And you are right Mohammed: there are EAs which do not need any improvements. Daytrading EAs for example no need any improvements in this case.

newdigital:
If he wants to use the same EA simultaniously in one MetaTrader (for example, EA on EURUSD M15 and the same EA on EURUSDM5 using one Metatrader on the same time) so it needs to be improved in some cases. Because I have experience when the EA could not recognize which ticket (order) should be moved by trailing stop etc.

Besides, some EAs were coded to open the one order per pair (not per chart).

But sometimes the magic numbers are enough.

And you are right Mohammed: there are EAs which do not need any improvements. Daytrading EAs for example no need any improvements in this case.

newdigital,

If the EA has been designed to open one only trade we have to respect the programmer limits. And the Magic member in the almost of the Expert Advisors is hrad coded (example #define MAGICMA 13) so, it's useful only to distinguish between multi EAs or the order opened manually.

Thanx guys , I'm pretty new at this . What is magic number ?