Exit Strategy: Stepping Stops vs. Trailing Stops - page 7

igorad:
Hi,

I just have finished 1st version of Stepped Stops EA.

I need help to test it, because it is possible only on real trade.

How to use?

Open position and then apply EA - the expert will make all rest.

Igor

Hello, just wondering if you can explain what the settings mean and where Stop is moved according to the settings;

extern double InitialStop = 30;

extern double BreakEven = 20; // Profit Lock in pips

extern double StepSize = 5;

extern double MinDistance = 10;

Thank you

Question about how to stick together 2 eas

Hi, i would like to know if it is posible to combine the STEP STOP EXPERT V 1.1 with my other eas i created with the EA ROBOT CREATOR. Because this EA CREATOR dont allows to code "complex" trailing stops like the STEP STOP EXPERT V 1.1 So this is basically my quiestion, and if it is possible, how to do it. It would be very a real mess if i need to code my eas again with the aditional code of the STEP STOP EXPERT V 1.1. But if it is so, then ill post my my "best" EA, so someone could add this codes.

I also want to say thanx for this wonderfull STEP STOP EXPERT V 1.1 because this exit strategy is something i had in mind some days before finding it.

Thnx,

Fxgc

Target acquired Trailing Stop EA?

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a trailing stop EA that starts trailing as soon as my target is reached. Like a Take Profit, except it starts a trailing stop from that point instead of closing a trade.

Does anyone know of something like this? I have searched and found one I thought would work, but it turned out to be wrong.

I didn't originally post here, my post must have been moved.

I am not looking for a stop step EA I am looking for the following.

(Manually) Open Trade

Set Stop Loss

(EA) Set trailing stop when profit =50 pips

Simple trailing stop EA

I am looking for a simple Trailing Stop EA that will:

1 - begin adjusting my SL immediately, and

2 - affect only a specific manually opened trade.

I have spent hours searching for such an EA and I have found a number of very interesting TS EAs on this site but while they describe the more advanced features they include they seem not to mention if they address these two requirements. Could some one direct me to the proper EA?

I am not averse to the EA including other features (I am interested in testing such) as long as it also meet these two requirements.

The closest I have read is the e-Trailing.mq4 but it affects all opened trades. Is it possible to add some code to input the order number or other identification of the specific trade I want to adjust ?

Thank you in advance.

Testing Trailing Stop EA's

Is there an easy and safe way to test the various Trailing Stop EA's without risking to have all your trades affected ?

As they are used on manually opened trades, backtesting is out of the question.

Also, some EA's have a magic number. Does that mean that once such an EA is attached to a chart, it appends that number to any new trade opened from that particular chart only and thus affects only those identified trades?

Blessings,

igorad:
Hi,

I just have finished 1st version of Stepped Stops EA.

I need help to test it, because it is possible only on real trade.

How to use?

Open position and then apply EA - the expert will make all rest.

Igor

I know this thread is probably dead, however. There are things in this EA that doesn't make sense.

For instance this:

if (SellStop - Ask >= MinDistance*Point)

{

SellStop = SellStop;

k=k+1;

}

Sellstop = Sellstop; (and BuyStop = BuyStop) does nothing. Why is it there?

And K=K+1 again why? K is only used as a comparison, it is not used to calculate any new settings. And why is OrderModify() called on every tick. I am not sure the broker likes this.

Hello, traders! I need some help here with the SL EA.

What I will describe here is a pretty well known technique, however I haven't found any EAs based on this.

I'm in search for trailing stop EA that would do the following:

As soon as the consolidation area in the trend is broken, move SL to the high of that consolidation area.

To understand better what I'm talking about I've attached the pic which explains everything. Please tell me if something like this is allready out there. And if not, is it possible to code such a thing? I'm not a programmer, unfortunetely, so I don't know if there are going to be any difficulties with programming such a thing

The only problem I see here is how to make the EA understand that consolidation is broken. May be by using the same KG indi?

I've attached the indi as well.

Regards,

peter

I'm seeking a trailing stop EA that surely must exist, any ideas?

I'd like a trailing stop EA that trails by a percentage value of the amount you are in profit.

So for emample 3 variables.

Trail from = 10

Trail max = 50

Trail percent = 50

So in this example ts would be placed when you are 10pips (trail from) in profit, and it would place it 5pips (50% trailpercent) from the current price. Then as price moves in your favour it trail by 50%, so at 12 pips profit it trails by 6 14 by 7 and so on.....

When it reaches 100 pips profit it then trails by 50 pips (Trail max)

Surely someone else has done this before, I just cant find it anywhere.